Chardon is the county seat of Geauga County. It is in Ohio's "snowbelt" and receives an average of 106 inches of snow each winter. In 1996, the National Guard was sent in after the city got about four feet of snow in less than a week.
State Route 44 runs north and south through Chardon.
- Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport is a major international airport in Brook Park.It is about 50 minutes away.
- 1 Geauga County Courthouse.
- Geauga County Maple Festival, ✉ email@example.com. Chardon Square. Annually held the weekend after Easter. This event has rides, a parade, a Queen's Pageant, a lumberjack competition, an arts and crafts show, along with several unusual events, such as the beard and mustache contest, bathtub races, and the ceremonial tapping of a maple tree.
- 1 Geauga Lyric Theater, 101 Water St, ☏ . Tickets $10-20. Check website for shows.
- 2 Geauga County Fair.
- 3 Alpine Valley Ski Area.
- 4 Punderson State Park.
- 1 Chardon Tavern & Grill.
|Routes through Chardon|
|Cleveland ← East Cleveland ←||W E||→ Cherry Valley → Meadville|