census-designated place in Madera County, California, United States
Get in edit
By car edit
By car, the best access to Coarsegold is taking California State Route 41 north from Fresno.
By bus edit
- Yosemite Area Regional Transit System (YARTS). May 14 to September 14, seven days a week. The YARTS shuttle travels on Highway 41 between Fresno and Wawona and Yosemite Valley, with stops in Coarsegold at Coarsegold Market and Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino. Ticket prices include park entry, and can be purchased from the shuttle driver.
- Madera County Connection's Eastern Madera County route provides limited service from Madera Monday–Friday.
Get around edit
- 1 Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, 711 Lucky Ln, toll-free: . A resort casino run by the Chukchansi Native American nation. $129 and up.
- Tarantula Festival, ☏ . Annually in late October. Coarsegold is full of tarantulas once a year during their mating season, and this festival celebrates the spiders with tarantula races, displays, costumes, and food.
- 1 Alfonso's Hideaway Mexican, 35364 Highway 41, ☏ .
- Coarsegold Cafe, 35297 Highway 41, ☏ .
Go next edit
|Routes through Coarsegold|
|Morro Bay ← Fresno ←||S N||→ Oakhurst → Yosemite N.P.|