Chartered in 1963, the city has a population of 133,000. Unique among South Florida cities, the city has aesthetic codes prohibiting large commercial signs. It is known for quality schools, parks, and recreation opportunities.
Coral Springs is less than 30 minutes from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL). From the airport, take I-595 West to I-95 North. Exit west on Sample Road and continue across Powerline Road and State Road 7 (441).
The easiest way to get around Coral Springs and South Florida is by car. If renting, it is substantially cheaper to rent a car from a location outside of the airport. The city is set up on grid system, and is fairly easy to navigate. Broward County is served by three major Interstates (I-75, I-95, I-595) and some U.S. Highways including U.S. Highway 1, US 27 and US 441. It is also served by Florida's Turnpike and State Highway 869, also known as the Sawgrass Expressway.
Taxis are generally expensive, but available at almost any time and place.
- Yellow Cab, ☏ .
- BCT, ☏ . The county bus system provides for connections with the bus systems in other parts of the metropolitan area
- Metrobus in Miami-Dade County
- Palm Tran in Palm Beach County.
- Country Club Tower.
- Water park
- 1 Tall Cypress Natural Area, 3700 Turtle Run Blvd, ☏ . This natural area has some of the last stands of basin swamp and flat pinewood, providing habitat for mammals, birds, and reptiles.
Fort Lauderdale is served by two English-language newspapers, the South Florida-Sun Sentinel and The Miami Herald, as well as two Spanish language newspapers El Sentinel del Sur de la Florida and El Nuevo Herald.
There are several hotels in Coral Springs with varying amenities. All feature nearby restaurants and shopping.
- Courtyard by Marriott, 620 North University Drive, ☏ , fax: . Breakfast café, desks, lounge, meeting room
- Studio 6 Extended Stay, 5645 University Drive, ☏ , fax: . Complete kitchens, desks, movie theater nearby, pets allowed
- 1 Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, 11775 Heron Bay Blvd., ☏ , toll-free: . Restaurants, golf, meetings, suites, spa, fitness center, lounge
- [dead link] La Quinta Inn, Coral Springs South (former Wellesley Inn), 3100 North University Drive, ☏ , . Free continental breakfast, free high speed wireless internet
- [dead link] La Quinta Inn, Ft Lauderdale-Coral Springs, 3701 N. University Drive, ☏ , . Free deluxe continental breakfast, free high speed wireless internet, meeting space, outdoor pool, full catering
In order to make local phone calls, all ten digits of the phone number are required. The area codes they are 954 and 754. To call Miami you must dial 1 + area code 305 or 786 and the number. To call Boca Raton/Palm Beach you must dial 1 + 561 and the number.