Development of Costa Adeje began in the late 1960s on the southwest coast of Tenerife. The city borders on the tourist stronghold of Playa de las Américas to the south. In Costa Adeje there are predominantly 4 and 5 star hotels that have a well-groomed appearance and can satisfy more demanding tourists. These come from all over Europe: menus in restaurants are often printed in 10 different languages.
It had a permanent population of about 20,000 people in 2018.
The closest airport, Tenerife South, is just under 30 km away and easily accessible via the TF-1.
Costa Adeje is accessible by bus from Tenerife South Airport using the bus routes 343, 450, 111 and 40.
From the island's capital Santa Cruz de Tenerife and the North Airport, take line 110.
The island motorway TF-1 comes from Santa Cruz, about 70 km away. It ends (for the time being) immediately north of Costa Adeje, and continues to Guía de Isora on its continuation, the TF-82.
- Tren Turístico (Tourist train), ☏ .
- TITSA (public bus). South Tenerife is served by the following bus routes 040, 111, 343, 416, 417, 418, 420, 424, 447, 448, 450, 467, 471, 473, 477 and 483.
- 1 Hell's Gorge (Barranco del Infierno), ☏ . 08:30-16:00. A ravine and popular hiking trail leading to the highest waterfall of Tenerife. Daily visitor counts are capped and reservations must be made in advance, with only 300 visitors allowed in the gorge daily. Proper footwear for hiking on a stony surface are a must, shoes can be rented for €4. Tickets are valid only on a specific day at a specific time and only when shown with a form of ID. They may be purchased with a credit card or via Paypal. The area is very important archaeologically, as there are dozens of caves in which Guanche artifacts such as engravings have been found. The largest collection of Guanche mummies and utensils were found here and placed in the Museum of Nature and Archeology of Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Adults €8.50, children €4.25.
- Parasail, Puerto Colón, Calle colón s/n, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tandem Paragliding, Av. de las Gaviotas, 38670, ☏ .
- 2 Golf Costa Adeje, ☏ .
- 3 [formerly dead link] Cinema (Centro Comercial & Ocio Gran Sur), Calle Lisboa, 2, 38660.
- 4 Siam Park, Av. Siam, s/n, 38660. Daily 10:00-17:00 or 18:00. One of the largest amusement parks with water attractions in Europe. It belongs to the same company as Loro Parque in Puerto de la Cruz. There are free shuttle buses from Costa Adeje, Los Cristianos and Las Américas. Adult €38.
- Aqualand Costa Adeje. Dolphinarium, water attractions. Free shuttle buses daily from Los Cristianos and Las Américas, Tu W Th from El Médano and Los Gigantes, and Th from Puerto Cruz. Open: daily 10:00-17:00. Admission: for adults €24.50.
- Diving: There are some diving opportunities on the coast. The following are represented on the Costa Adeje:
- 2 Centro Comercial El Mirador, s/n playa del duque, Av. de Bruselas, 38670.
- 3 The Corner Mall Adeje, Calle Unterhaching, 38660, ☏ .
- 4 Centro Comercial The Duke Shops, Av. de Bruselas, 14, ☏ .
- 5 Fañabe Market, Av. de Bruselas, 7948.
- 6 [formerly dead link] Centro Comercial & Ocio Gran Sur, Calle Lisboa, 2, 38660.
- Crawfords is recommended for well prepared food, at the extra cost.
- La Farola del Mar, Paseo Marítimo Playa Fañabé s/n local 201-202 38660, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Beachfront cafe with keyboard player providing musical accompaniment
- 1 El Taller, Avenida el Jable 24, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Some of the best tapas food that can be found on Tenerife. Making a reservation well in advance is recommended. €15-25.
- 2 Tony Roma's, Hotel Jardines De Nivaria Playa, 38660 Fañabé, ☏ .
- La Fuente del Mirador, Centro Comercial el Mirador.
Adeje has the highest concentration of four and five star hotels in the world, but you can still find some variety of hotels to suit different budgets.
- 3 GF Victoria, Calle Bischosfshofen, 4, 38660, ☏ .
- 4 GF Gran Costa Adeje, Av. de Bruselas, 16, 38660, ☏ .
- 5 Adrian Hoteles Jardines de Nivaria, Calle París, s/n, 38660, ☏ .
- 6 GF Isabel, Av. de Moscú, 2, 38679, ☏ .
- 7 Dreamplace Gran Tacande, C/Alcalde Walter Paetzmann, s/n, 38670, ☏ .
- 8 Sheraton La Caleta, Calle la Enramada, 9, 38670, ☏ .
- 9 Iberostar Anthelia Family Hotel, Calle Londres, 15, 38660, ☏ .
- 10 Melia Jardines del Teide, Urbanización Mirador del Duque, Calle Agando, s/n, 38679, ☏ .
- 11 Barcelo Hotels Royal Hideaway Corales Beach, Av. Virgen de Guadalupe, 21, 38679, ☏ .
- Barcelo Hotels Royal Hideaway Corales Suites, Av. Virgen de Guadalupe, 21, 38679, ☏ .
- 12 Vincci Selección La Plantación del Sur, Calle Roque Nublo, 1, 38670, ☏ .
- 13 Iberostar Grand Hotel el Mirador, Avenida Bruselas, s/n, 38660, ☏ .
- Bahia Del Ducque (The Tais), Av. de Bruselas, s/n, 38660, ☏ .
- 14 Résidence Maeva Marazul del Sur, Carretera Playa San Juan (8 km from Playa San Juan, 10 km from Fañabe beaches, 13 km from Los Cristianos, and 30 km from the surfers paradise in Medano), ☏ . This 11-floor residence with lifts has a heated freshwater swimming pool and a seawater pool. This beautiful complex overlooks the sea and is set in 8 hectares of exotic greenery.