From Arequipa's Terrapuerto there are several bus companies going to Cotahuasi and Alca. Ana express, Inmaculada, Cromotex and Nazareno offer services leaving between 18:00 and 19:00. Cost: S/30 - S/35.
Most of the villages are connected buy bus. In some cases there's only one service a day, though.
- Cotahuasi – Alca: every hour.
- Alca – Puyca: 05:00, back 13:00. Cost: S/6
- Cotahuasi – Pampamarca: 05:00 and 16:00, back 06:00 and 13:00. Cost: S/6.50
- Cotahuasi – Charcana: 15:00 back 06:00. Cost: S/7
- Cotahuasi – Quechualla: 05:30 back 08:00. And on F Su M: 13:00, back 16:00. Cost: S/7
See and doEdit
- Ruins of Maukallacta: 40-60 minutes walk from Puyca. Built by the local culture of Allccas, Maukallacta was afterwards occupied by Waris and Incas.
- Ruins of Ccalla: 2-3 hours walk from Alca or 1-2 hours from Lucha. Typical Wary city.
- Luicho hot springs: three different pools around 35°C. Costs: S/3, S/4 and S/6. Open from 03:00 to 21:00.
- Uskune waterfall: 20 minutes walk from Pampamarca.
- Huito stone forest: 40-60 minutes walk from Pampamarca. Beautiful stone formation at 4000 masl. Condor observation.
- Charcana-Quechualla trail: in this 5-6 hours trek you descent to one of the deepest part of Cotahuasi Canyon.
Eat and drinkEdit
Easy to find local accommodation or a place to camp in every village.
Pampamarca: Hospedaje María Vargas (tlf: 966368688) S/10, dinner S/5, breakfast S/4.
Quechualla: Hospedaje Plaza Quechualla (tlf: 054-630933), full pension S/30.