town in Massachusetts
Cummington is a town in the Pioneer Valley region of Massachusetts.
Cummington is a rural farming community in the foothills of The Berkshires with a population of under 1,000.
Cummington is on Massachusetts Route 9, about 32 km (20 mi) northwest of Northampton.
- 1 William Cullen Bryant Homestead, 207 Bryant Rd, ☏ +1 413-532-1631. Boyhood home and summer residence of William Cullen Bryant, one of America's foremost poets and newspaper editors. It is opened to the public on weekends in summer and early fall and is also designated as a National Historic Landmark.
- 1 Greenwood Music Camp, 32 Harlow Rd. Summer camp founded in 1933. Its main focus is on chamber music and offers a wide selection of activities.
- 2 Cummington Fair, 97 Fairgrounds Road, ☏ +1 413-634-5091, firstname.lastname@example.org. Last weekend of August. Annual fair that features livestock programs, tractor shows, live music, rides, showcases of locals various crafts and horticulture exploits. Adults: $15.00; Seniors, veterans, and active military: $12.00; Children (age 10-15): $7.00; Children under 10: free. Prices for food, drink, rides, etc. will vary.
- 1 Old Creamery Co-op, 445 Berkshire Trail, ☏ +1 413-634-5560. Community-owned store that sells groceries, household goods and a wide variety of locally/regionally produced goods.
- 1 Upland Meadows Farm B&B, 338 W Cummington Rd, ☏ +1 413-634-8884. B&B on a working farm with a truly farm to table breakfast.
|Routes through Cummington|
|Pittsfield ← Windsor ←||W E||→ Northampton → Worcester|