Dég is a village of 2,200 people (2018) in the southwestern part of Fejér County.

Understand

edit
 
The Dutch House at the castle

Cereals, corn and sugar beets are excellent for growing here. There is also a vineyard in some parts of the village (wine cellars and a wine processing plant).

Dég has been inhabited for almost a thousand years, its name comes from the personal name of German origin (Deeg, Degu) used in the Árpádian era.

Get in

edit

Dég is next to the main road 64. It is 42 km from Székesfehérvár, 35 km from Siófok and the shore of Lake Balaton.

There are buses from Székesfehérvár.

Get around

edit
 
Festetics Castle
  • 1 Festetics Castle. Tu-Su 10:00-17:00. Built on the plans of Mihály Pollack (1815-19), this building complex was a preliminary study for the Hungarian National Museum, which was realised later. The English park surrounding the castle has valuable flora of rare species, and there is a so-called Dutch House on the romantic island. Its owners were members of the Festetics family in Tolna with a long history.  
  • The church: Also a monument is the Catholic church of the village, built in the 1820s and designed by Mihály Pollack.
  • There are several other listed buildings in the settlement (building of the agricultural cooperative office, row of cellars, stable, Reformed parish, cellar of Dégi Borház Kft.).
  • There are four memorials to the victims of the 20th century:
    • the First World War Memorial on Gillányi Hill,
    • the village World War II Memorial in the Reformed Church Garden, and
    • Russian and German military memorials.

Drink

edit

Sleep

edit

Connect

edit

Go next

edit
This city travel guide to Dég is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!