Dagupan is a city in Pangasinan, composed of 31 barangays, 5 of the barangays were islands.The Bangus Capital City, because of its delicious bangus. According to 2015 census, it has a population of 171,271 people. The city is among the top producers of milkfish (locally known as bangus) in the province.
Dagupan is a major economic center for Ilocos Region, and forms a fast growing metropolis called Metro Dagupan together with the nearby towns. The city's name derives from the Pangasinan language for "gathering place"; it served as an important trading post since colonial times
Dagupan's history traces back to the polity of Kaboloan, which existed back before the Spanish colonialization.
- An A/C bus from Manila to Dagupan costs ₱445 and takes 5 hours. Victory Liner, Dagupan Transport, Fermina Transport, and First North Luzon Transit operates most air-conditioned buses from Manila.
- A non-A/C bus from Dagupan to Baguio costs ₱110 and takes 3 hours.
As in other Philippine provinces and cities, jeepneys, bus and tricycles are very common. In some parts, there are sidecars or pedicabs.
- Dagupan Fish Port
- Tondaligan Beach
- Bonuan Blue Beach
- Dagupan City Museum
- Japanese-Philippine Friendship Garden
- Pantal River
- Tondaligan People's Park
- Rare Eagles Forest Marine and Agricultural Development
- Citi Mall, C Dagupan Road.. 9AM-8PM.
- There are various supermarkets around, including Puregold Supermarket on Mayombo Road, SM Hypermarket on Dagupan Road, and Robinsons Supermarket in Nepo Mall (June 2019).
Also try one of our best food in Dagupan which is the Pigar-Pigar. Come and taste it for yourself and see how delicious this food.
- Ciudad Elmina Restaurant
- Matutina's Seafood House And Restaurant
- Kuya Max Resto Grill
- Silantro Fil-Mex Cantina
- Chef Distrito
- Koppitea Resto Kaffe
- Bacold Manokan Grill
- Yellow Tree Cafe
- Dagupena Restaurant
- Uson Pigar Pigar
- Beans and Roots
- Cafe Feliz
- Kaffa Ave
- Korean Food Haus
- Nel Ars Travelers Inn, Pantal Arellano Street., ☏ . Check-out: noon. Fan and a.c. double rooms with own bathroom. Some rooms have cable TV. 96 rooms. ₱350/600.
- Star Plaza Hotel. Value star inn., AB Fernandez, Dagupan City (Value star inn is behide the star plaza hotel.), ☏ . Star Plaza Hotel and Value star inn are in downtown Dagupan. The restaurant serves a wide range of delicious food. Value star inn and Star plaza hotel have the same owner. single/double fan/a/c rooms with own bathrooms. ₱400/850.