town in Saihaku district, Tottori prefecture, Japan
Daisen (大山町 Daisen-chō) is a town in Tottori Prefecture. Mount Daisen is the tallest peak in Western Japan at 1,729 meters, and many outdoor activities are available year-round.
There are 5 stations along the San-in Line in Daisen; Daisenguchi Station, Nawa Station, Mikuriya Station, Shimoichi Station, and Nakayamaguchi Station. All of the stations however are located along the coast, so they do not provide access to Mount Daisen, the town's major draw.
For public access to Mount Daisen, buses depart from Yonago Station.
- 1 Daisen-ji (大山寺), 9 Daisen, ☏ +81 859-52-2158.
- 2 Ōgamiyama Shrine (大神山神社), 1 Daisen, ☏ +81 85-952-2507.
- 3 Daisen Museum of Nature and History (鳥取県立大山自然歴史館), 43 Daisen, ☏ +81 85-952-2327. 09:00-17:00 (18:30 in summer). A museum detailing the flora and fauna found in the area, as well as local history.
- 1 Daisen Ski (大山国際スキー場), 147 Daisen, ☏ +81 859-52-2322. Mount Daisen is a highly popular winter destination for skiers, particularly in the Chugoku area. Rental prices: carving ski set costs ¥4000, snowboard sets cost ¥4000, and sportswear costs ¥3500.
- 1 Lodge Daisen (ロッジ大山), ☏ +81 85-952-2321, firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Routes through Daisen|
|Matsue ← Yonago ←||W E||→ Hokuei → Tottori|