Danachi, population 8000, is a village in Zaqatala. It lies in the north-west part of Azerbaijan, situated on the bank of the Alazan river. From the 14th century, the Avarians been the main ethnic group living in this village. There is a good road between this village and the regional center in Zaqatala. In Danachi, there are nice gardens, green forests, and creeks.
- By Minibus
If you go to the bazaar bus station, there are 3-4 buses each day to go straight to Danachi. You can also take the Uzunqazma andhi Ashagi Chardaklar buses and stop in Danachi.
- By Taxi
If you go by taxi, it costs 5 manat for the whole taxi and 0.8 manat for a seat.
- Alazan River. You can go fishing on the Alazan river.
- Old Mosque. In the middle of the village, there is a large mosque that was constructed in 1910 by the local people without an engineer.
- The people of Danachi grow tobacco, mint, nuts, and grain. There are also apples, pears, dates, apricots, and plum trees.
- The people in the village are famous for surfulu, a soup that has dried meat and handmade noodles.
- There is a waterfall and recreation area in Qabizdara in Zaqatala. If you go to Zaqatala city you can take the bus from the bazaar, from the village of Qabizdara you can walk to the waterfall.