town in Massachusetts
Deerfield is a small town in Franklin County in western Massachusetts. It is home to Deerfield Academy prep school.
- Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory, 281 Greenfield Road, ☏ . Daily 9AM-5PM (6PM in summer). Gardens, fountains and, of course, butterflies.
- Memorial Hall Museum, ☏ . Daily May-Oct 11AM-5PM. $6/$3.
- Historic Deerfield. Daily 9:30AM - 4:30AM. Old Main Street (off U.S. Route 5), (413) 775-7214. Historic Deerfield is a collection of antique homes built between 1730 and 1850, on a 330 year-old street. The museum has an extensive collection of early Americana furnishings in the museum homes. $14/$5.
- Antiques from antique dealers along U.S. Route 5
- Yankee Candle Village. The flagship location of what is now a nationwide chain of candle stores.
|Routes through Deerfield|
|Brattleboro ← Greenfield ←||N S||→ Northampton → Springfield|
|Brattleboro/Keene ← Greenfield ←||N S||→ Northampton → Springfield/Westfield|
|Ends at ← Adams ←||N S||→ Amherst → Springfield|