Deokso is a small town east of Guri in the Gyeonggi province of South Korea. It is 12 miles east of Seoul.
Deosko was for a long time detached from Seoul, which is visible in the traditional areas of the town. Since the opening of a subway station, the town has experienced an increase in modern housing developments and general population.
Deokso is on the Jungnang line of Seoul Subway System. The station is around 45 minutes from Yongsan station and 10 minutes from Guri.
There are lots of buses from all over the province to Deokso which run regularly. There is a direct bus from Incheon Airport which runs 6 times a day.
Deosko is accessible from nearby Maseok and Guri in under 20 minutes.
It is possible to walk from Guri to Deokso. If you walk towards the Han river and turn left away from Seoul, its a soothing 2 hour walk to Deokso down the river.
Due to Deokso's size, the majority of the town can be seen on foot, although buses and taxis are both inexpensive and frequent.
- The Restaurant Plane. The Boeing 747-121, registration N747PA. This was the first 747 'Jumbo Jet' ever to be commercially flown but was decommisioned after crashing in 1971. It had logged 2,900 hours of operation at the time of the accident. The remarkable plane has been converted into a restaurant and can be visited on foot, only a twenty minute walk from the station.
- Pizza School, Next to the Train Station. (Take a right out of the main entrance of the train station.). If you want cheap pizza, welcoming service, and above average cardboard then Pizza School is the place for you. Don't let the vaguely education themed garish decor put you off, this is a real gem. The woman who runs the place is very welcoming and has just started to learn English for her expanding foreign customer base. The man who makes the pizza doesn't talk much though. However what is important to understand is that meat pizza is only ₩5,000. All you have to do is say combination pizza and the woman will always say one. It is advised you say yes. Then there will be the phrase "10 minute", which will get cuter with every time you order. Cheap.
- The Galbi Place, New Deokso (The other side of the train station). Galbi is a delicious treat enjoyed by many in Korea. This restaurant is the prime supplier of tasty galbi to hungry Deoksonians. If you exit the train station on the side no one else does and pass GS25 and turn left you are on the correct road. To recognise this restaurant look for a large eatery with lots of tables with grills in the middle. Then, once inside if you want meat on your grill then order galbi sal. Galbi is best enjoyed in large groups as this reduces the cost of the meal. This is the most cost effective and taste effective restaurant for Galbi in Deokso.
Deokso has a fairly modest selection of bars and no night clubs. Drinks will be less expensive than Seoul and draft beer is available in several Hofs and the following establishments.
- Bar No. 9. Friendly staff and a US theme in this late-opening bar.
- Garten Bier. German bar and restaurant on the top floor of the building next to the Subway station. The tables have built in refridgerators to keep your 3 pint tall glass cold and fresh.
- Bier Hause. Deokso's second German themed bar has a good selection of sausages and dark beers. Close to the airplane, a taxi from the station should cost no more than ₩3,000.
- OB Bar. Simple bar with good service and plenty of room to sit outdoors during the summer.