Dernau is a famous red wine village in the Ahr valley, situated in Northern Rhineland-Palatinate. From August to November thousands of visitors from abroad enjoy the annual wine festivities, which culminate on the last weekend of september.
- Train: Ahrtalbahn, get off at Dernau station
- Road: Autobahn A61 Exit Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler. Follow the B257, direction Altenahr.
Use the Ahrtalbahn (Ahr valley railway) which stops in the village and in all neighboured towns. Direct connections to Bonn and Koblenz. In addition the bus #841 serves the whole valley from Remagen to Kreuzberg (Ahr).
- Krausberg. offers a nice view over the Ahr valley and as far as Cologne and Bonn, if weather conditions allow
- Historic stone bridge crossing the Ahr.
- Old Jewish cemetery.
- Wine tastings
- Hiking (Red wine hiking trail)
- Local red wine
- Many small and bigger restaurants offer regional specialities at reasonable prices
- Ahrklause, Auf der Wacht 1. Café with wine
- Bertram, Schmittmannstr. 30.
- Hofgarten (Gutsschenke Weingut Meyer-Näkel), Bachstr. 27.
- Im Burggarten, Burgstr. 6-12.
- Kaffee- & Weinhaus St Quirinus, Römerstr..
- Kreuzberg, Schmittmannstr. 31.
- Op de Baach, Hauptstr. 65.
- Pauly, Bachstr. 22.
- Wein & Bierstube, Schmittmannstr. 23.
- Italienische Eisdiele, Schmittmannstr. 35. ice Cream
- Klosterquelle, Rotweinstr. 6.
- Weingut Kloster Marienthal.
- Wine tasting almost everywhere possible, Try Weinhaus Sebastian in the center of the village.
- Gästehaus Pension Krämer (Bed & Breakfast, B&B), Pfarrgarten 12a (close to the church). Check-out: 11AM. Continental breakfast included. Seems to be widely recommended... 19-24 EUR pp/pn.
- Hotel Kölner Hof, Schmittmannstr. 40, ☏ .
- Weinhaus Bertram, Hauptstr. 3, ☏ .
- Wine tasting almost everywhere, especially in September and October
- Popular events and festivals all over the year from May to November
- Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler
- Bad Münstereifel