Get in Edit
By train Edit
- 2 Stazione di Desenzano del Garda-Sirmione, Piazza Einaudi 10.
By boat Edit
Get around Edit
By bus Edit
The town centre is small enough to explore on foot. If your accommodation is out of the centre then take a local bus to get there.
- 1 Chiesa di Santa Maria Maddalena (Duomo). A Baroque church with Last Supper fresco by Gian Battista Tiepolo.
- 2 Villa Romana, Via Crocefisso, 22, ☏ . Mar-Oct Tu-Su 8.30-19.30; Nov-Feb Tu-Sa 8.30-16.30, Su 8.30-14.00. Some modest remains of a Roman villa with mosaics, excavated in 1921. €4.
- 3 Castello (Castle), Via Fosse Castello. €3.
- 4 [formerly dead link] Museo Archeologico "Giovanni Rambotti" (Giovanni Rambotti Museum), Via Anelli 42 (Chiostro di Santa Maria de Senioribus), ☏ . Tu-W 9.00 - 13.00; Th-F 15.00 - 19.00; Sa, Su 14.30 - 19.00. It shows the many finds, which were found in the peat bog of Polada lying between Desenzano and Lonato and in the territory Lavagnone. It was a prehistoric lake-dwelling, which was located 5 kilometers from the center today. The museum shows among the many finds also a plow made of oak from the southern Alpine Bronze Age (about 2200 BC).
- 1 Rocca di Lonato del Garda (Lonato del Garda), ☏ . Jul-Aug Sa-Su 10.00-12.00, 14.30-18.30. 15th century castle with a nice natural garden and ornithological museum. A visit to the castle can be additionally combined with Casa del Podestà (House of the Podestà)
Go next Edit
- Sirmione – to see the castle (Castello Scaligeri) and the ruins of the Roman villa (Grotte di Catullo).