- 2 Stazione di Desenzano del Garda-Sirmione, Piazza Einaudi 10.
The town centre is small enough to explore on foot. If your accommodation is out of the centre then take a local bus to get there.
- 1 Chiesa di Santa Maria Maddalena (Duomo). A Baroque church with Last Supper fresco by Gian Battista Tiepolo.
- 2 Villa Romana, Via Crocefisso, 22, ☏ . Mar-Oct Tu-Su 8.30-19.30; Nov-Feb Tu-Sa 8.30-16.30, Su 8.30-14.00. Some modest remains of a Roman villa with mosaics, excavated in 1921. €4.
- 3 Castello (Castle), Via Fosse Castello. €3.
- 4 [formerly dead link] Museo Archeologico "Giovanni Rambotti" (Giovanni Rambotti Museum), Via Anelli 42 (Chiostro di Santa Maria de Senioribus), ☏ . Tu-W 9.00 - 13.00; Th-F 15.00 - 19.00; Sa, Su 14.30 - 19.00. It shows the many finds, which were found in the peat bog of Polada lying between Desenzano and Lonato and in the territory Lavagnone. It was a prehistoric lake-dwelling, which was located 5 kilometers from the center today. The museum shows among the many finds also a plow made of oak from the southern Alpine Bronze Age (about 2200 BC).
- 1 Rocca di Lonato del Garda (Lonato del Garda), ☏ . Jul-Aug Sa-Su 10.00-12.00, 14.30-18.30. 15th century castle with a nice natural garden and ornithological museum. A visit to the castle can be additionally combined with Casa del Podestà (House of the Podestà)
- Sirmione – to see the castle (Castello Scaligeri) and the ruins of the Roman villa (Grotte di Catullo).