city in Minnesota, United States
Detroit Lakes is a city in Minnesota.
Detroit Lakes is a regional summer and winter recreation destination, attracting many tourists and seasonal residents each year. Its economy is fueled by seasonal population increases, with tourism being the area's chief industry along with agriculture.
U.S. Highways 10 and 59, MN Highway 34
- Amtrak, . Detroit Lakes is served once daily in each direction by the Empire Builder.
- Jefferson Lines has a bus stop in Detroit Lakes.
- Becker County Museum, 714 Summit Ave, ☏ +1 218 847-2938. Tu-Sa 10AM-4PM. Historical museum and research library.
- WE Fest. Annual country music festival held in August.
- The Fireside, 1462 E Shore Dr, ☏ +1 218 847-8192.
- Sandbar II, 1150 Randolph Rd, ☏ +1 218 846-1779. M-Sa 11AM-2AM.
- Zorbaz on the Lake, 402 W Lake Dr, ☏ +1 218 847-5305. 10AM-2AM daily. Mexican and pizza.
- Lakeside Tavern, 200 W Lake Dr, ☏ +1 218 847-1891. Lakeside is an amazing place to eat. It is family friendly, and you can also drink there. It is better than Zorbaz, by a long shot. There is pizza with home-made crust, burgers, wings, nachos and appetizers.
- The Lodge on Lake Detroit, 1200 E Shore Dr, ☏ +1 218 847-8439, toll-free: +1-800-761-8439. $119+.
- AmericInn Lodge & Suites, 777 Highway 10 East, ☏ +1 218-847-8795, toll-free: +1-877-847-8795, firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3:00 PM, check-out: 11:00 AM.
- [formerly dead link] Detroit Lakes Public Library, 1000 Washington Ave, ☏ +1 218 847-2168. M-W 10AM-9PM, Th-F 10AM-6PM, Sa 10AM-4PM. Free wifi and public computers.
|Routes through Detroit Lakes|
|Minot ← Fargo ←||W E||→ Staples → St. Paul|
|Fargo ← Dilworth ←||W E||→ Wadena → St. Paul|
|Thief River Falls ← Erskine ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Fergus Falls → Worthington|