1 Bus Station
2 Railway station
- 1 Bayezid Mosque (Çelebi Sultan Mehmed Mosque), Town square. One of the oldest mosques in Europe.
- 2 Byzantine Castle.
Some of the landmarks of the citadel are reported below:
- 7 Mausoleum of Oruç Pasha (Pirostia) (Near the Town Hall). 15th century.
- 8 Temple of Holy Mary the Liberator (Ieros Naos Panagias Eleftherotrias). with an Ecclesiastical Museum.
- 9 Plotinoupoli (Aghia Petra Hill).
- 10 Byzantine Museum. Western Thrace sole Byzantine Museum. It was inaugurated in September 2010.
- 11 Folk Museum.
- 12 Military Museum. Open Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 09:00 to 14:00, Wednesday 18:00 to 20:00 and Sunday 11:00 to 14:00..
- 13 Nalmpantis Municipal Gallery, 3, Patriarchou Dionysiou Street, ☏ .
- Dadia-Lefkimi-Soufli Forest National Park is south along the road to Alexandroupolis.
- 1 Mprousko, Γερμανού 12. Τσιπουράδικο- μεζεδοπωλείο
- 2 Time Out, Venizelou 12. Restaurant/ fast food
- Ουζερι - Ψητοπωλειο Ο Πιπερας, ΟΡΕΣΤΙΑΔΟΣ 2. Ristorante con barbecue
- Bakemyday, 28ης Μαίου 10. Bakery, pizzeria, creperia, coffee.
- Motivo Art Cafe, Vasileos Georgiou 14, ☏ .
- Mirror Cafe, Vasileos Georgiou 22.
- Hotel Anesis, 51, Vasileos Alexandrou St, ☏ .
- Ermis Hotel, Xatziantoniou Georgiou 4, ☏ , .
- Cave Vouvas: On the southern hills of the city extends the forest Tsingla, which is used as a recreational area for excursions and celebrations by the locals. In Koufovouno there is a stalactite cave called "Vouvas", which was discovered and explored by speleologists in 1962. You can visit stalagmites and stalactites in the 30 meter high cave.
- Castle Phytio:The castle of Pythio, one of the most important and best preserved examples of military architecture in Greece, was also called Empythion in Byzantine times and was famous for its impregnable walls. It is located on a low hill on the northeastern edge of the village of Pythio, near the river Evros, very close to the Turkish border. Built between 1330 and 1340 it was of little use to the Byzantines. It was one of the first fortresses conquered by Turks on their invasion of Europe. Later, a village was built around the castle.
- Evros Delta: important wetland for migrating birds
- Rhodope Mountains