First Scotland East Bus 59 runs from Stirling hourly M-Sat (every 2 hours Sun) via Blair Drummond to Doune, continuing to Callander. There's nothing direct from Dunblane, you have to double back via Stirling.
- 1 Doune Castle, ☏ . Daily Apr-Sept 09:30-17:30, Oct-Mar 10:00-16:00. An imposing Medieval castle sited on a wooded bend where a tributary joins the River Teith, across a bridge. The site is defended on three sides by the ground sloping steeply down to the rivers, and the approach from the north is defended by earthworks. The castle is entered through a narrow gateway and a 46 ft (14 m) long vaulted passageway that leads to a large central courtyard. Off this, steps lead up to the Great Hall which is connected by arched servery hatches and a door to the massive kitchen. An enclosed staircase from the courtyard reaches the timber panelled Lord's Hall and other apartments. Doune Castle was a location used in the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail and in the television series' Game of Thrones and "Outlander". Adult £9, Concession £7.20, Child £5.40.
- 2 Hill of Row (south east of Doune). high ground with remains of stone circle and a statue of David Stirling, founder of the SAS
- Doune and Dunblane Show is an agricultural show and Highland Games, held on the first Saturday in July. The next event is Sat 4 July 2020 at Keir Mains, a mile south of Dunblane and 3 miles east of Doune. From M90 terminus jcn 11 take B824 west.
- 1 Doune Hillclimb, Buchany FK16 6FG (a mile west of Doune on A84). This is the on-road version of hill climb with a tarmac track and cars that look like conventional racers, not the offroad bike version. This hillclimb course is 1476 yards / 1350 m; the track record is just under 35 secs. There are meetings of the British Hill Climb Championship in June and Sept each year and of the Scottish Championship in April.
- Blair Drummond Safari Park is two miles south on A84, see Stirling.
The Red Lion is the village pub, see "Sleep".