Buses from Alexandria, via Balloch station (for trains from Glasgow) are operated by Garelochhead Coaches, with about 10 buses per day. This route also serves Balmaha. Buses from Glasgow (2 per day) and Milngavie (4 per day) are operated by First Bus.
- 1 Buchanan Castle, Drymen (long the A811; enter through the gate of Buchanan Castle Golf Course). A ruin of an beautiful castle, which cannot be entered (danger of falling apart). Sadly, it is not getting maintained or repaired, but is worth a peek.
- 2 Glengoyne Distillery (6 miles south of Drymen). A whisky distillery which was founded in 1833. The whisky is malted without using smoke, giving a more lowland flavour. tours from £9.50.
- 1 The Clachan Inn, Drymen Square, G63 0BL, ☏ . Is reputed to be the oldest in Scotland (1734), nice food and good atmosphere.
- 2 Drymen Inn, 5 Stirling Road, G63 0BW, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 24/7. The Drymen Inn is a newly refurbished, family run, Bar / Restaurant with letting rooms. Mains about £13.
- 1 The Winnock Hotel, The Square, G63 0BL, ☏ . A three-star hotel, reputed to be the most haunted in Scotland! Originally used as an inn, it has great character, if somewhat basic facilities. Creaking floorboards and mismatched furniture add to its charm. Food is somewhat hit and miss, as is the service.
- 2 Buchanan Arms Hotel & Spa (Best Western), 22 Main St, ☏ .
- 3 Kip in the Kirk, 11 Stirling Rd. B & B and hostel in a converted church from £30.