Directions from Johannesburg/Pretoria.Take the N4 from Johannesburg to Mbombela. Turn left at the Belfast turnoff. Turn right at the 5th Stop sign (Toyota Garage) onto the R540. Continue approx 35 km to Dullstroom.
Dullstroom is a small fishing village set high up in the Steenkampsberg Mountain Range at an altitude of over 2100 m above sea level. The town's radius is only approx. 4.5 km, so it is easy to walk around the village once there. There are no transport systems in the village (Feb 2020), but there are 2 bus routes that pass through the village:
- The Lowveld Link, ☏ .
- The Bushveld Link, ☏ .
Beautiful scenery, wild flowers, fauna and flora, birds including the Crowned Crane, Blue Crane and Wattled Crane.
A Central Reservations office has been in operation for over 10 years, selecting and enlisting a variety of sleeping options for visitors. With a database of over 120 venues, options vary from self catering farm cottages to luxury lodges and hotels. Dullstroom Reservations, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fishing. Trout fishing is the main attraction.
- 1 Dullstroom Bird of Prey and Rehabilitation Centre, Just off the R540, 9km outside Dullstroom towards Lydenburg, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Flying displays at 10:30AM and 2:30PM daily.
- Arts and Crafts @icreate
- Bergen Cheese factory - Tonteldoos
- A variety of retail shops offer country gifts, clothing, candles, art, weaving, books, antiques, Christmas goodies, homemade sweets, and a large range of fly-fishing tackle.
- 2 Dullstroom Nature Reserve (take Janson St northwest out of Dullstroom). A place to walk or bike among rolling hills, or do some fishing.
- 3 Verloren Valei Nature Reserve (about 8 km north of Dullstroom), ☏ . 06:30-18:00 daily. A place to see cranes and rolling grasslands and wildflowers of the Steenkampsberg Plateau, though a high clearance vehicle is probably needed on the park roads. A Ramsar wetland. R48.