Although the village itself is small the area is dominated by the airport and motor racing track.
1 East Midlands airport (EMA IATA). is south on a hill above the village. The airport is the base for Flybe and mainly supports low-cost airlines such as Jet2.com, Ryanair and tour operators like Thomson Airways which serve a range of domestic and European short-haul destinations.
Exit at junction 24 of the M1 just north of the A 42. The village is the north west route off the traffic island while the airport is south west. The village is about 10 miles south of Derby via the A6/A50 and 11 miles north of Loughborough via the A6.
The closest rail station East Midlands Parkway but this is in the middle of nowhere with no local bus connections. Using one of the stations served by the Skylink service may be more convenient.
The village, Donington Park and the airport are severed by a number of bus services
- Download Festival: 14–16 June 2019. Rock and Heavy Metal festival. (date needs updating)
A number of restaurant possibilities on Borough Street in the centre of the village including Indian and traditional fish & chip shop.
The airport has a number of fast food restaurants, most air-side with only one before security.
Near the villageEdit
Near the airportEdit
- 2 Hilton East Midlands Airport Hotel, Pegasus Business Park (Off the M1 junction 24), ☏ .
- 3 Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport, Pegasus Business Park (At the airpott), ☏ .
- 4 Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel, Pegasus Business Park, ☏ .
- 5 Radisson Blu Hotel East Midlands Airport, Pegasus Business Park, ☏ .
- 6 Thistle East Midlands Airport hotel, East Midlands Airport, ☏ .