Edessa has no airports. The closest airports to Edessa are the airports of Kastoria (about 75km away), Kozani (about 60km away) and Thessaloniki (about 90km away), the most busy of them is Thessaloniki's airport. You will need another means of transport to reach Edessa from any of these airports.
There are regular trains from Thessaloniki and Florina to Edessa. Timetables and prices can be found on TrainOSE website. Be aware that you cannot buy tickets online for trains going directly to Edessa from Thessaloniki or Florina, so you will have to get tickets from either train station.
Edessa is well connected to Thessaloniki and the other cities of Cental-Western Macedonia. It is connected to Thessaloniki (89km) via Giannitsa and the E85 highway. It is also near the Greece-North Macedonia border as Florina is 77km away, while Evzonoi are about 111km away from Edessa.
There are a lot of bus connections between Thessaloniki and Edessa. There are also two buses per day to/from Athens. These services are provided by KTEL Pellas and you can find more information about them on their website.
Edessa is a small city so you can get around on foot. There is no public transport.
- 1 Waterfalls. The most famous attraction of Edessa is its waterfalls. The park, where the waterfalls can be seen is near the railway station. The area next to the waterfalls has been developed so that one can pass below the main waterfall and watch the view from there.
- 2 Byzantine Bridge.
- 3 Longos Archaeological Area.
- 4 Museum of Folklore.
- 1 Lake Vegoritida. Fishing paradise
- 1 Hotel Elena, Dimitriou Rizou 4, ☏ .
- Olympia Hotel, 51, "28 Oktovriou" Str., ☏ . 2-star hotel
- 2 Varosi 4 seasons Hotel, A. Meletiou 48, 58200, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 130:00, check-out: 12:00. Varosi 4 seasons is a new, charming hotel, build with the local architectural style of the 1900s, with stone and wood. Varosi 4 seasons is located in Varosi, the old neighbourhood of Edessa, just a few steps from the impressive waterfalls, overlooking the plains of Pella.
- 3 [dead link] Guesthouse Varosi, A. Meletiou 45-47, 58200. Check-in: 13:00, check-out: 12:00. The old family house has been reformed to a warm, welcoming guesthouse that offers the original atmosphere of Greek hospitality
- 4 Hotel Alfa, Egnatias 28.
- Aridea thermal baths