Előszállás is a village in Dunaújváros district of Fejér County, Hungary.

Understand

edit
 
The building of the railway station and the factory chimneys of Dunaújváros in the background

Climate

edit

The village and its surroundings belong to the warm, moderately dry, moderately hot summer areas of the Mezőföld.

Get in

edit
 
Map of Előszállás

The main road 61 between Dunaföldvár and Nagykanizsa , which connects the main roads 6 and 7, passes through the village; along the road Előszállás is the first settlement after Dunaföldvár. On the M6 motorway, you can turn at the 86th kilometre.

There is no train service.

Get around

edit
 
Former Cistercian Mansion
  • 1 Cistercian Mansion (Cisztercita Rendház), Szöglet kert 2. Built in 1765, the Cistercian Mansion is was built in 1765. It is a free-standing, two-storey, basement, L-floored baroque building with a tent roof. Its main façade has a slightly protruding central risalite, on which a stone-framed gate with a semicircular closure opens. The upstairs part is decorated with a double window above the gate, below which the coat of arms of the order was once visible. Behind the building is a courtyard closed with one-storey economic wings, and the adjoining church is connected by a wavy, masonry and plastered fence. The doorway is vaulted, with modest stucco in some rooms. Baroque wooden railing in the staircase; the baroque statue of Diogenes, which was once here, is now in the Hungarian National Gallery. It is now empty. The once-rich “Cifra Garden” is now being cared for by the village community.
  • 2 East Mezőföld Loess-valley, Túzok természetvédelmi terület. Nature preserve
 
Church of the Assumption
  • 3 Roman Catholic Church of the Assumption, or Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary (Kisboldogasszony római katolikus plébániatemplom). Built in 1778-79, it is a free-standing baroque building. Its bell-shaped, pyramid-hewn central tower steps in front of the façade, its two-section nave is covered with a Czech glass vault, with a strong double pilaster wall partition, with a narrower, single-section, semicircular sanctuary to which a sacristy is attached from the left. Above the entrance is a three-hole, split organ loft with a wrought-iron railing on the parapet. The main altar with columns and cornices is a monogram of Mary, surrounded by stone, surrounded on both sides by wooden statues of Zechariah and Elizabeth, surrounded by angels on its pediment, and surrounded by a ray of rays and clouds. The main altarpiece from the unknown painter depicts the birth of Mary, the contemporary side altarpieces depict St. Joseph and St. Bernat  
  • The World War II memorial in the cemetery, inaugurated in 1990

Drink

edit

Sleep

edit

Connect

edit

Go next

edit
This city travel guide to Előszállás is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!