The local San Diego Trolley light rail system serves El Cajon with two lines: the Orange Line, which travels through La Mesa and Lemon Grove to Downtown San Diego, and the Green Line which heads past SDSU and through Mission Valley to San Diego's Old Town and Downtown. El Cajon has two stations, which are served by both lines:
- 1 El Cajon Transit Center (at Palm and Marshall Avenues).
- 2 Arnele Avenue station (at Arnele and Marshall Avenues).
- Ali Baba Restaurant, 421 E Main St, ☏ . Very great Middle Eastern food at a great price, a good thing to get with groups is the feast
- [formerly dead link] Barbeque Pit, 2388 Fletcher Pkwy, San Diego, ☏ .
- Fred's Old Fashioned Burgers, 1285 E Madison Ave, ☏ .
- Beef 'N Bun Whistle Stop, 2477 Fletcher Pkwy, ☏ .
- Hooleys Irish Pub, 2955 Jamacha Rd, ☏ .
- Press Box Sports Lounge, 2990 Jamacha Rd, ☏ .
- Best Western Continental Inn, 650 N Mollison Ave, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Best Western Courtesy Inn, 1355 E Main St, ☏ , fax: .
- Best Western Santee Lodge, 10726 Woodside Avenue, Santee, ☏ , fax: .
- Days Inn El Cajon, 683 N Mollison Ave, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Complimentary daily breakfast, free high-speed wireless Internet, swimming pool, hot tub, business center and conference facilities.
- Motel 6 San Diego - El Cajon, 550 Montrose Ct, ☏ , fax: .
- Quality Inn & Suites San Diego East, 1250 El Cajon Blvd, ☏ . Rates include hot breakfast, Hi-speed wireless Internet, outdoor heated pool & whirlpool, in-room microwave/refrigerator.
- Travelodge, 425 W. Main St, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. 49.99+.
|Routes through El Cajon|
|San Diego ← La Mesa ←||W E||→ El Centro → Yuma|