The local San Diego Trolley light rail system serves El Cajon with two lines: the Orange Line, which travels through La Mesa and Lemon Grove to Downtown San Diego, and the Green Line which heads past SDSU and through Mission Valley to San Diego's Old Town and Downtown. El Cajon has two stations, which are served by both lines:
- 1 El Cajon Transit Center (at Palm and Marshall Avenues).
- 2 Arnele Avenue station (at Arnele and Marshall Avenues).
- San Diego Air & Space Museum Gillespie Field Annex, 335 Kenney St, ☏ . 8 AM - 3 PM (closed Tues and Sun). Aircraft museum and displays. Free (donations accepted).
- Water Conservation Garden, 12122 Cuyamaca College Drive West, ☏ . Beautifully curated, features informative displays for children and adults
- 1 Boomers! El Cajon.
- Mother Goose Parade. (Annually on the Sunday before Thanksgiving). El Cajon's annual Mother Goose Parade is the largest parade in San Diego County and the largest of its type west of the Mississippi. Free.
- 2 The Magnolia, 210 East Main St, ☏ . Concert venue.
- Hooleys Irish Pub, 2955 Jamacha Rd, ☏ .
- Press Box Sports Lounge, 2990 Jamacha Rd, ☏ .
- Best Western Continental Inn, 650 N Mollison Ave, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Best Western Courtesy Inn, 1355 E Main St, ☏ , fax: .
- Best Western Santee Lodge, 10726 Woodside Avenue, Santee, ☏ , fax: .
- Days Inn by Wyndham San Diego-East/El Cajon, 683 N Mollison Ave, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Complimentary daily breakfast, free high-speed wireless Internet, swimming pool, hot tub, business center and conference facilities.
- Motel 6 San Diego - El Cajon, 550 Montrose Ct, ☏ , fax: .
- Quality Inn & Suites San Diego East, 1250 El Cajon Blvd, ☏ . Rates include hot breakfast, Hi-speed wireless Internet, outdoor heated pool & whirlpool, in-room microwave/refrigerator.
- Travelodge, 425 W. Main St, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. 49.99+.
|Routes through El Cajon|
|San Diego ← La Mesa ←||W E||→ El Centro → Yuma|