Elizabethtown is a small town in the Kentucky Derby Region.
Elizabethtown, often called "E-town" by locals, is a hub city located in Hardin County, Kentucky. It is served by Interstate 65, linking Louisville and points north with Nashville and points south. The Blue Grass Parkway links Elizabethtown with points east, including Lexington. Heading west is the Western Kentucky Parkway, which brings traffic from the Land Between the Lakes and Paducah.
- Conder's Paintball, 193 Ford Hwy, ☏ . On 80 acres near the I65. A variety of fields: Ultimate air speedball, plastic ball wall speedball, urban city with over 50 buildings & towers in all four corners. 2 wood ball courses complete with forts, towers and an indoor arena course with ultimate air bunkers. Compressed air fills of 3000, 4500 psi & CO2 are offered. M-Sa 10AM-6PM, Su 11AM-6PM.
There is a mini mall called "Towne Mall"
Penn Station is amazing.
City voters approved full retail alcohol sales on October 4, 2011, making "E-town" fully "wet". Previously, alcohol sales had been allowed only by the drink in certain restaurants (determined by seating capacity). Its neighbor of Radcliff and near-neighbor of Vine Grove also voted wet on the same day. The rest of Hardin County is dry. with two exceptions:
- One private golf course (Pine Valley Golf Course) received approval from local voters to sell alcohol by the drink.
- The city of West Point, in the far north of the county, has voted to allow sales by the drink in restaurants that seat at least 50.
- Ramada, 205 Commerce Drive, ☏ . I-65 at Exit 94.
- Quality Inn & Suites, 2002 North Mulberry St, ☏ .
Most telephone numbers in Elizabethtown consist of +1 270 plus a seven-digit number, but the entire 270 area is now served by an overlay complex of two area codes, with +1 364 as the second. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call).
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 270 before these if no area code is indicated.
Note that nearby Fort Knox is in area code 502, not 270/364. However, Radcliff, which borders directly on both Elizabethtown and Fort Knox, is in 270/364.
- Fort Knox, ☏ . Do not attempt to enter Fort Knox without authorization.
|Routes through Elizabethtown|
|Louisville ← Shepherdsville ←||N S||→ Cave City → Bowling Green|
|Paducah via S and W ← Hartford ←||W E||→ END|
|END ←||W E||→ Bardstown → Lexington via E|
|Louisville ← Fort Knox ←||N S||→ Cave City → Bowling Green|
|Paducah ← Greenville ←||W E||→ Bardstown → Columbus|