By Car: take Interstate 575/515 off Interstate 75 from Atlanta.
Ellijay has a quaint downtown area with various speciality and antique shops and restaurants but the shopping centers and all the chain restaurants are on the highway.
- 1 Springer Mountain. Serves as the southern terminus to the Appalachian Trail
- Fort Mountain state park is about 20 min away from Downtown Ellijay on Hwy 52 West
- Downtown Ellijay
- Carter's Lake
- Ridgeway Area
- Appalachian Trail
- Apple Orchards, mostly located on "Apple Alley" A.K.A. Hwy 52 East
- The Cartacay and Ellijay River
- Amicalola Falls is about 20 min away away from Downtown Ellijay on Hwy 52 East
- Burt Pumpkin Farm, located just before Amicalola Falls on Hwy 52 East
- Hillcrest Orchards, located on Hyw 52 East about 10 mins from Downtown.
- Bear Creek Trail.
- Buy some apples at apple orchards in Apple Alley
- Raft, canoe, kayak or tube the Cartacay River
- Hike at the Ridgeway Area
- go to Carter's Lake
- Shop in Downtown Ellijay
- Hike near or at Fort or Walnut Mountain
- Go to the Georgia Apple Festival in October
- Amicalola Falls
- Featured in National Geographic Adventure Magazine Live and Play in Ellijay, Georgia
- Horseback riding
- Mountain biking
- Visit surrounding waterfalls
- Wildlife viewing
- Ride the nearby Blue Ridge Scenic Railway
- Pan for gold in nearby Dahlonega
- Visit Grandpa Jones Corn Maze and Pumpkins Grandpa Jones Corn Maze and Pumpkins
- Downtown Ellijay
- East Ellijay Shopping Center
- The Davis House
- Hometown Cafe
- Pink Pig Barbeque
- Walker's Barbeque
- Ruby Tuesday
- Deli Junction
- Captain D's
- River Street Grill in Downtown Ellijay
- Poole’s Real Pit Barbecue
- Okinawa Restaurant
There aren't many bars in Ellijay due to a very religious population.
- Jilly's Pub, 40 River Street, ☏ .
- Best Western: Located in East Eliijay, less than 10 minutes from downtown Ellijay and less than five from the Wal-Mart shopping center. From North of Ellijay take Highway 575 South, Best Western will be on your right above the Ford dealership. From South of Ellijay take Highway 575 North, Best Western will be on the first and second roads on the left after the Wal-Mart shopping center. The hotel offers wonderful mountain views and a friendly staff of locals. Be sure to pet the hotel cats. Call 706-515-1500 or Toll Free 866-515-4515
- Rainbow Cabin Rentals of North Georgia riverfront cabin rentals in the North Georgia mountains with direct access to trout fishing, canoeing, and tubing. Make reservations online. North Georgia Cabin Rentals
- Stafford Inn
- Tica Cabin Rentals, ☏ . Beautiful vacation homes available for rental in all areas of Gilmer county. Fully equipped kitchens, hot tubs, fireplaces, and many with pool tables. Some are pet friendly.
- TLC Cabin Rentals in the North Georgia Mountains. A cabin rental and management company based on the Golden Rule with a personal touch. Several beautiful cabins that can accommodate as many as 20 people. Ideal for business retreats, club gatherings, or family vacations and reunions. +1 706 636-1979 • +1 770 827-4922 (+1-866-403-3973 outside of Georgia)
- TGIF Cabins located in Historic Downtown Ellijay Featuring cabin and luxury cabin rentals. Near state and federal parks. Where everyday is Friday. +1-877-967-2226 TGIF Cabins Website
- Georgia Mountains Cabins Vacation log cabins in Ellijay Georgia featuring whitewater riverfront cabins with premier trout fishing and riverfront hot tubs near hiking, tubing, apple orchards, Amicalola Falls, rafting, tubing. Ellijay Cabins [dead link]