Fagersta located at the intersection of routes 66 and 68. Route 68 will take you to Norberg, Avesta and Gävle northeast, or Örebro southwest. If you ever plan to motor west route 66 will take you to Ludvika, or towards Västerås if you travel southeast. Örebro and Västerås are connected to Stockholm and Oslo via highway 18. In Norberg or Ludvika you can turn north towards Borlänge or Falun.
1 Fagersta Central Station. Is the main hub in Fagersta. The regional train company Tåg i Bergslagen, together with the national train operator SJ, run trains between Fagersta and Ludvika, Västerås, Örebro and Gävle. In Västerås, Örebro or Gävle you can transfer to trains bound for Stockholm.
2 Stockholm Västerås Airport (VST IATA) (just 4 miles/6km from the centre of Västerås). Is the closest airport, serving international low-budget flights. Stockholm Arlanda Airport ARN IATA, located another hour away by car is the largest air hub in Sweden.
- 1 Brinell Lebanese Grill, Brinellvägen 7, ☏ . Offer Lebanese and middle eastern fast food and grills.
- 2 Hamnkrogen-Fagersta, ☏ . A riverside bar and restaurant.
- 3 Vestans Pizza & Kebab, Köpmangatan 1, ☏ . As part of Sweden's "Pizza belt", you will find a lot of pizzerias in Fagersta! Out of these Västans is widely considered one of the best ones.
- 1 Best Western Fagersta Brukshotell, Blomstervägen 1, ☏ . Part of the Best Western hotel chain. The biggest hotel in Fagersta offer 112 beds in 52 rooms.
- 2 Wärdshuset C. Dickens´ Hotell & Restaurang, Norbergsvägen 11, ☏ . A hotel with 14 rooms and 23 beds.
- 3 STF Vandrarhem Ängelsberg/Tallbacka, Tallbacksvägen 8 (Ängelsberg), ☏ . A self-service hostel operated by the Swedish tourist organization STF.
- 4 Rosenlund, Bergslagsvägen 68B, ☏ . A hostel.
- 5 Eskilns Camping, Köpingsvägen, ☏ . Offer 9 chalets and ca 100 lots for camping vans, located south of Fagersta by lake Eskiln.