Fairmont Hot Springs is a small unincorporated community of 476. It is best known for its natural hot springs and three golf courses as well as a small, family-oriented ski hill.
Fairmont Hot Springs is accessed by car on on Highway 93/95, 26 km (16 mi) south of Invermere and 108 km (67 mi) north of Cranbrook; it's about 3.5 hours west of Calgary.
- 1 Dutch Creek Hoodoos. A few minutes South of Fairmont Hot Springs beside the Highway 93/95 are the hoodoos. The hoodoos are sandstone cliffs with hiking trails. The hoodoos can also be viewed from the top of Fairmont ski hill.
- 1 Hot Springs, 5225 Fairmont Resort Road (inside Fairmont Hot Spring Resort). Daily 8AM to 9PM. The hot springs features three pools; a hot pool, cold pool with swimming lanes and a diving pool with two diving boards. Entry to the pools in included with ski hill day passes. Adult: $12. Seniors (65+) and youth (13-17): $11. Children (4-12): $10. 3 & under: free.
- Golf: Fairmont Hot Springs is home to three golf courses, all managed by Fairmont Hot Springs Resort.
- 5 Ski (Fairmont Hot Springs Resort Ski Area), ☏ . Family friendly ski area with 12 runs ranging from green to black diamond, something for everyone and 3 lifts (including the Pony Express).
Fairmont Hot Springs strip mall has the Mountainside Market and Fairmont Village Gift Shop.
Eat and drinkEdit
Fairmont Hot Springs strip mall has Rockies Pizzeria, and a Greek restaurant: Tony's Greek Grill and Juice Bar.
The resort offers six restaurants:
- Mountain Flowers Restaurant
- Bear’s Paw Bar & Grill
- Steamers Café
- Desperados family-friendly restaurant
- Mountainside Grille
- Dapper’s Landing
- Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, 5225 Fairmont Resort Road, ☏ , toll-free: . Lodging options including rooms with lofts, kitchenettes, and well-appointed suites with in-room soaker tubs and fireplaces. Free parking and free wireless internet. Economy room from $139 double.
- RV Resort, ☏ . Free wireless internet; pull-through sites with cable TV, water and sewer; lectrical hook-ups (amps available – 30 and 50); washrooms with hot showers and flush toilets; coin-operated laundromat; sani-dump; playground; aturally heated mineral hot pools (entrance fee applies); pet-friendly. Open from April 15. $50-65.
- [formerly dead link] Spruce Grove Campground, ☏ , toll-free: . 143 camping and tenting sites (some of which are fully serviced) and a free heated swimming pool. Open from April 15. Tent site $31-33, serviced site $51-54.
|Routes through Fairmont Hot Springs|
|Banff / Golden ← Invermere ←||N S||→ Kimberley via → Cranbrook|