Fenghuangshan National Park (凤凰山国家公园) is in Liaoning province.
Also called Phoenix Mountain, site is covered with temples, pagodas and monasteries. There is also a cave system that can be explored.
Flora and faunaEdit
- Buses to the town of Fengcheng, just outside the park, from Dandong every few minutes throughout the day
Fees and permitsEdit
¥60 for entrance into the park, ¥10 for entrance into Phoenix Cave.
There are park buses that can take you to various elevations for about ¥10-15 each segment. In the mid-elevation, there are cable cars that can take you to the top of the mountain for about ¥50 one way.
- Views from the top of the mountain.
- Glass-bottom bridge along mountain ridges (¥3 extra).
- Various temples interspersed throughout the park.
- Phoenix Cave - colored light display on stalagtites.
- Visit Mountain Temple Fair in April.
There are stalls selling steamed corn and other food in the mid-elevation plaza, near the cable car station.
There are a footpaths, some of which are narrow and involve climbing iron ladders. A glove may help in grabbing the handles in cold weather. Watch your footing.