Get in Edit
By plane Edit
- 1 Destin–Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS IATA). Serves Fort Walton Beach and nearby Valparaiso. American Eagle, Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection, United Express serve the airport.
By car Edit
Get around Edit
Fort Walton Beach has two main arterials. The Miracle Strip Parkway (US 98) travels along the seacoast and through Eglin Air Force Base, and the Eglin Parkway (Florida SR 85) links the city with Okaloosa Regional Airport.
- 1 The Gulfarium, 1010 Miracle Strip Parkway, ☏ , toll-free: . Admissions are open from 9AM until 4PM. Park closes at 6PM.
- 2 Indian Temple Mound and Museum, 139 Miracle Strip Pkwy SE. Aug-May M-F 10AM-4:30PM; Jun-Jul M-Sa 10AM-4:30PM, Su noon-4:30PM.
- 3 Air Force Armament Museum, 100 Museum Dr (Eglin Air Force Base), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 9:30AM-4:30PM. Free.
- Visit the beach.
- Billy Bowlegs Festival. Pirate-themed street party early each June.
- Antique stores and shops along Highway 98/Miracle Strip Parkway across from the Indian Temple Mound.
Ft. Walton Beach has many restaurants, including:
- Fish Lipz, listed at "Eat" above
- 1 Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront Hotel, 380 Santa Rosa Boulevard, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Comfort Inn & Suites, 137 Miracle Strip Pkwy, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 2 Hampton Inn, 1112 Santa Rosa Blvd, ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM.
- The Island, 1500 Miracle Strip Pkwy, toll-free: , email@example.com.
- Super 8, 333 Miracle Strip Pkwy, ☏ . Some rooms with jacuzzi tubs.
Go next Edit
- Destin is just to the east on the other side of Okaloosa Island.
- Pensacola is about half an hour to the west.
|Routes through Fort Walton Beach|
|Pensacola ← Navarre Beach ←||W E||→ Panama City → Lakeland|