Franceville is a city in the Jungle Interior region of Gabon.
There are flights from Libreville on Air Service and Air Nationale every day of the week except Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The Trans-Gabon railway, running from the coast has its terminus here. There are several overnight trains from Owendo, just south of the capital Libreville, per week. Journey time is about 12 hours. 1 Franceville station is located southwest of the city centre, next to the football stadium.
The road from Libreville to Franceville is paved for most of the way, but sections are still dirt road. The paved sections have many potholes, a 4x4 is recommended.
From the airport a taxi to town costs 5000 CFA. Around town a "course" (full trip) costs 1000 CFA, and a "demi-course" (half trip) costs 500 CFA. If you get in a taxi with other people, each should pay 100 CFA.
- Carrefour du Centre, hiking area.
- Carrefour Tribunal, hiking area.
- Carrefour Magoungou, hiking area.
- 1 Cecado shopping mall (9H86+85C, N3, Franceville, Gabon).
- 2 Centr'Affaires, Les Arcades Building, 2nd Floor, 142 Rue de Chavannes, Centreville, Libreville, Gabon, Libreville, Gabon. Shopping mall
- 3 Nouveau marche, Near 9JC4+V68, Franceville, Gabon. marketplace
- 4 Geant Mirna (9JG3+GGR). supermarket
- 5 Petit Marche du Quartier Sable (CH2X+FX3). supermarket
In the downtown area the Bord de Mer restaurant serves good food quickly at a reasonable price. The three course menu of the day costs 7000 CFA, while an entree will cost 5000 CFA.
The outdoor poolside restaurant at the Hotel Poubara is a very nice setting, though the food is expensive. A french style breakfast of Croissants, Coffee and Fruit Salad costs 4500 CFA. Lunch is sandwiches or salad, costing from 4500-6500 CFA. The three course menu of the day, available after 7PM, costs 8000-8500 CFA. On Sundays from 1PM to 3PM a buffet is served for 12500 CFA. It has a large selection of salads, exotic meat dishes (such as gazelle and wild boar), a BBQ with brochettes and sausages, and a selection of desserts.
- Hotel Joumas.
- Hotel la Savane.
- Hotel Heliconia.
- Restaurant univeristaire.
The nightclubs will not be busy Friday and Saturday night until midnight, but will stay open until the early morning. Drinks are very expensive at both these clubs.
The bar and nightclub Cristal is one of the best nightclubs in town. If you sit outside on the patio drinks are much more affordable. The bar and nightclub at the Hotel Poubara has more foreigners but isn't as busy.
- Le Mbayiste Bar.
- Le Gourmet Restaurant Bar (formerly Ancien Piroguier).
- 1 Hotel Laconi, ☏ . Maintenance is faltering a little, but it's a big place.
- 2 Hotel Madame Constance.
- 3 Hotel Masuku, ☏ .
- Hotel Batiga.
- Motel Imagine.
- Motel chez Papa Clement.