Fulton is a small town in Texas, just north of Rockport and about 45 minutes north of Corpus Christi, along the Gulf of Mexico. It is along the coast of the Aransas Bay, with the Gulf of Mexico about 5 miles out across the bay. To the west and north is Copano Bay. A public fishing pier extends across the bay for several miles. It's more a regular small town than a resort town.
Get in edit
There is also a very nice, from all appearances as viewed by a non-aviator, airport in Fulton.
Get around. edit
Transit around Fulton, Texas is primarily done by automobile. However, golf carts have become more popular since they are now legal to drive around town. This unique mode of transportation allows for a more leisurely and enjoyable way to explore the town's beautiful neighborhood. Although sidewalks are mainly available at the waterfront area, walking or biking is also an excellent method to get around.
- Goose Island State Park (north of town across the bay). Includes a live oak tree (Quercus virginiana) over a thousand years old, a huge fishing pier, and free WiFi Internet access from the Visitors Center. Adult (13 years & over) day passes $5; 12 years & under, free.
- Fulton Fishing Pier 1500-ft wooden fishing pier on Aransas Bay. Pier is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. It is free to go onto the pier but costs $5 per pole (max 4 poles per person) The pier has an attendant shack which sells frozen bait and snacks. Has a fish cleaning station and green LED fish attracting lighting.
- Charlotte Plummers Seafare, 202 N. Fulton Beach Rd (Along Fulton Beach), ☏ . Very good service and food. A view of the bay and docks. Dinner around $18 per person.
There are a number of places to stay right along the coast, many with piers extending out into the bay. Some of them even look like they'd support a person walking along them or fishing from them. Some are in pretty questionable shape.
- Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Rockport-Fulton, 3902 Hwy 35 North, ☏ .
- Fulton Beach Bungalows, 130 Prairie Rd, ☏ , toll-free: . $85-125.
- Harbor Lights Cottages, 108 Laurel St, ☏ . 12 cottages and each have two bedrooms. Larger cottages for family of 6 to stay longer than a weekend.
- Inn at Fulton Harbor, 215 N. Fulton Beach Rd, ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com. $79+.
- Pelican Bay Resort, 4206 Hwy 35 North, ☏ , toll-free: , firstname.lastname@example.org. $99-149.
- Sandollar Resort, 919 N. Fulton Beach Rd, ☏ , toll-free: . $59-85.
- Sun Harbour, 1141 N. Fulton Beach Rd, ☏ .
Go next edit
|Routes through Fulton|
|Corpus Christi ← Rockport ←||S N||→ Port Lavaca → Houston|