Gandikota is a village in Andhra Pradesh.
The whole village lives within the Gandikota Fort complex.
The canyon can be reached by hiring auto or bus from jammalamagudu which is 15km away. The bus runs every two hours between the two places. There are direct buses from Bangalore to Tadipatri, from here you can take local buses to gandikota and belum caves.
The town's are well connected with bus service and you get autos at cheap rate within th town limit.
- Penna Gorge.
- Madhavaraya Temple. Open sunrise to sunset.
Granary Juma Masjid Water reservoir Pigeon Tower
- Have a long walk through history and sit at Penna valley view point.
Vegetarian food is available at APTDC Haritha; for non-veg, you will have to inform them one day before.
You will find agents from the village hanging out in Haritha, and you can ask them to cook for you. There is an ac biryani place at jammalamagudu.
- APTDC Haritha resort. Only accommodations in Gandikota. Cheap and neat. The contact number given on APTDC website is wrong.
- There are also lodges in Jammalamadugu, 15km away.
- You can rent tents for a nominal fees (someone from the village will always be hanging out at Haritha) and camp out near the gorge
The big town nearby is Ananthpur, which has good accommodation and food options.
Belum caves the second largest caves in india