The Georgetown Visitors Center is right off of I-70. Georgetown is a historic mountain town which is at one end of Guanella Pass.
I-70 runs right by Georgetown. It is located about 45 miles northwest of Denver, and about 50 miles east-southeast of Vail.
The closest airport is Denver. Denver International Airport, (DEN IATA). Commonly referred to as DIA. It is located about 20 miles to the east of downtown Denver. Frontier Airlines, United Airlines, and Southwest Airlines all maintain hubs at the airport in Concourses A, B, and C respectively. Most other major domestic carriers also have service here.
Georgetown is a smaller city, so once you have arrived, there is little need to drive, especially given that parking conditions are often sub-optimal.
Generally, walking around Georgetown is very easy.
- [formerly dead link] Historic Georgetown. There are over 200 historic buildings.
- Georgetown Energy Museum, 600 Main St, ☏ . Check website for hours and prices
- Bowman-White House Museum, 901 Rose St, ☏ .
- Hotel De Paris Museum, 409 6th St, ☏ . A Nantional Trust Historic site
- [formerly dead link] Hamill House Museum, 305 Argentine St, ☏ .
- Georgetown Loop Railroad. You have access to beautiful scenery, where the trees are only and arm's length away from the side of the train. You get on at the Devil's Gate in Georgetown, but you can also get on in Silver Plume. Roundtrip is about 45 minutes. There is a stop on the way where you can see a Silver Mine
- Canyon Wind Cellars, 1500 Argentine St, ☏ . Family owned winery and also has a wine tasting room
- Georgetown Lake. The Lake has Trout, Browns, Rainbows and Brookes, boating is allowed just not motorized boats
There is hiking trails that are in the Georgetown Area
- Silverdale Trail- I-70 Georgetown Exit #228, follow signs for Guanella Pass Road-Scenic Byway, drive up Guanella Pass hill, go to the first reservoir, Silverdale, entrance road to parking area and trailhead is on the left,
- Georgetown Express to Silver Plume-I-70 Georgetown #228 park in town, peddle toward the train depot, the paved path entrances are marked
- Silver Dollar Lake Trail-From I-70 take exit #228 to Georgetown. Follow the scenic byway signs for Guanella Pass Road. Take this road to the first road past Guanella Pass Campground to the Silver Dollar Lake trailhead
- Rosalie Trail #3-From I-70 take exit #228 to Georgetown. Follow the scenic byway signs for Guanella Pass Road. Drive up Guanella Pass.
- Silver Plume Saloon, 510 Main St Silver Plume, CO 80476, ☏ . Great American Style food and everything is made there fresh
- Mountianbuzz Cafe, 1200 Argentine St, ☏ . Has good pizza and sandwiches and coffee
- Mother's Saloon, 601 14th St, ☏ .
- Guanella Pass Brewery, 501 Rose Street, Box 952, Georgetown, CO 80444, ☏ . 1pm-9:30pm.
|Routes through Georgetown|
|Grand Junction ← Silverthorne ←||W E||→ Idaho Springs → Denver|
|Grand Junction ← Keystone ←||W E||→ Idaho Springs → Denver|