The nearest major airport is the Indira Gandhi International airport which is about 45 km away in Delhi.
- 1 Hindon Airport (HDX IATA). It is the nearest civil airport to the city, although it only serves smaller cities in other parts of India. It may close after some expansion is completed at Indira Gandhi International.
The Delhi Metro Red Lineconnects the city to the NCR. Construction is underway to extend the line to more parts of the city.
Ghaziabad is well-connected on all sides to Delhi, Noida, Hapur, Modinagar, Meerut, Saharanpur, Haridwar, etc. A large number of people commute to Delhi, Noida, Greater Noida and Gurgaon everyday for work. There are bus terminuses at Mohan Nagar, Lohia Nagar, Vasundhara and close to Meerut Road from where Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) buses serve cities over the state.
Ghaziabad is also well-connected to all parts of the country through railway line. It is a railway junction and several lines pass through Ghaziabad. The Main railway station is situated in the middle of the city. The city is very well connected to Delhi and other neighbouring cities through Fast Moving Local Trains called EMU. Several trains connect Ghaziabad to Meerut, Aligarh, Delhi, New delhi, Faridabad, Palwal, Mathura, etc.
- 2 Ghaziabad Junction railway station.
The place was founded in 1740 by the vizir, Ghazi-ud-din, who called it Ghaziuddinnagar after himself and built a spacious sarai consisting of 120 rooms of masonry with pointed arches. Only the gate, a few portions of the boundary wall and a massive pillar about 14 feet in height remains now, the precincts now being inhabited. His masoleum still stands in the city but is in a bad state of preservation. The Jat raja, Surajmal, was killed near the city by the Rohillas in 1763. An encounter between the freedom fighters and a small British force took place here in May 1857, in which the former were defeated while trying to hold the Hindon. After the opening of a railway line, the name of the place was shortened to Ghaziabad.
Before 14 November 1976 Ghaziabad was the Tehsil of District Meerut. The then chief minister Mr. N.D.Tiwari decalered Ghaziabad as a district on 14 November 1976, on the birth anniversary of Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru, the first prime minister of India. From then Ghaziabad has moved forward leaps and bounds on the social, economic, agriculture and individual front.
Ghaziabad, the headquarter of the district of the same name, lies on the Grand Trunk road about a mile east of the Hindon river, 19 km east of Delhi and 46 km southwest of Meerut with which it is connected by a metalled road.
The development is marked by malls all over the city.
- Ghanta Ghar & Turab Nagar Mkt.
- Mohan Nagar Temple.
- Ram manohar Lohia Park.
- Gaur Central Mall, RDC, Raj Nagar.
- IMAX dome (In Pacific Mall). The only IMAX dome of north India.
- Silver City Mall, Bulandshar Road (Near Lal Kuan). Multiplex with three screens.
- Adlabs Vaishali (Next to Bhusan Steel Company).
- Aditya Mega City Mall, Indirapuram.
- EDM (Next to Anand Vihar Bas Stand). It is one of the first big malls in Ghaziabad.
- Flea markets. Ghaziabad is filled with flea markets like Turab Nagar and Ganta Ghar.
- Pacific Mall Kaushambi (Next to EDM Mall).
- 1 Shipra Mall (In Indirapuram). Once the biggest mall in India in terms of floor carpet area.
- SM World (In Shalimar Garden).
- Wave, Noida (Near Dabur Crossing).
- Baskin Robbin's (En route to Sector 10 Market). Ice creams.
- Bikanerwala (Near Turab Nagar).
- Cafe Coffee Day (Raj Nagar).
- Champions (Raj Nagar). Restaurant and bar.
- Domino's Pizza (Raj Nagar).
- Donald's Bakery (En route to Sector 10 Market). Cakes and bakes.
- K's Cafe (Sector 10 Market). Mexican and Italian.
- Lets Noodle (Indirapuram And Opening Shortly In Mahagun Metro Mall), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11AM to 11PM. Awesome Chinese Food!
- Om Sweets (Sector 10 Market). Chaats.
- Pizza Hut (Raj Nagar).
- Sankalp (Raj Nagar). South Indian speciality.
- Snow World (Kavi Nagar). Ice cream parlour.
- Vaishno Dhaba (Sector 10 Market). Veg Punjabi food.
- There is a South Indian restaurant next to Palwal on the highway to Agra, offering so delicious but so costly dosa and idly's.
- Jain Shikanji Wala (midway on the road to Meerut). Once a small shop selling shikanji, this is today a full fledged stop.
- Clarks Inn Suites, 37/1, Pacific Business Park Site-IV, Sahibabad Industrial Area, ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: noon.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Sahibabad, Distt Ghaziabad (U.P.), 64/6 Site-IV, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad (near Vasundhara), toll-free: 1800 1080 456, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Eco-friendly, all-vegetarian, five-star hotel, second largest Country Inn & Suites in the world.
- 1 Lemon Tree Hotel, Plot No.1, Kaushambi (In Kaushambi on the top floors of the East Delhi Mall), ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Refreshing interiors and landscaped gardens. Centrally air conditioned hotel offering 55 rooms and suites with a large banquet and meeting center, business center, multi-cuisine coffee shop, fitness center and swimming pool.