capital of Golestan Province, Iran
Gorgan is a city in the Caspian Region in Iran.
- 1 Gorgan Airport (GBT IATA). ATA Airlines Baghdad, Tehran-Mehrabad; Iran Air Mashhad, Tehran-Mehrabad Zahedan, Jeddah; Iran Aseman Airlines Mashhad, Tehran-Mehrabad, Zahedan; Iranian Naft Airlines Isfahan; Kish Air Kish Island; Qeshm Air Bandar Abbas Tehran-Mehrabad, Zahedan; Zagros Airlines charter from Baghdad.
- Alangdarreh Forest Park, is especially beautiful at autumn. The trees of this forest are unique to the Caspian Hyrcanian mixed forests.
- Ziarat Village
- Ziarat Waterfall
- Hezarpich Hill
- Ghorogh Forest Park
- Tuskestan Forest
- Shast-Kola Forest
- Emadiyeh School
- Great Mosque of Gorgan (Masjed Jame')
- Great Wall of Gorgan, is a series of ancient defensive fortifications dating back to the Sassanian era, built to protect the empire from the nomadic peoples of north. It is surpassed only by the Great Wall of China as the longest defensive wall in existence.
- Qajar era underground bathroom at Sorkhankalateh
- Amir-latifi Historical House
- Bagheriha Comples
- Ghal'eh Khandan Hill
- Tureng Tappeh, an archaeological hill and a village
- Unnamed caravansaries and houses
- Emamzadeh Abdollah
- Ismail Shrine at Sorkhankalateh
- Shrine of Seyyed Ebrahim, Bibi Hoor, and Bibi Noor
- Archaeological Museum of Gorgan
- Gorgan Palace Museum, originally the palace of Farah Pahlavi
- Gorgan Craft Museum
Gorgan has a world-famous carpet and rug industry, made by Turkmen. The patterns of these carpets are derived from the ancient Persian city of Bukhara. Jajim carpets are also crafted in this province.