- Tourist Information Point, ul. Sikorskiego 107 (entrance from ul. Kosynierów Gdyńskich, in a library).
Zielona Góra Airport (IEG IATA) is around 4 km (2.5 mi) away from Babimost, a city close to Zielona Góra. Daily flights to Warsaw operated by the LOT Polish airlines. Negotiations are being held to introduce some international flights within the European Union.
The Polish State Railways has direct train connections to Gorzów Wielkopolski from many large Polish cities, but almost all of them require a change of trains. There are direct connections between Gorzów Wielkopolski and Zielona Góra, the journey takes 2 to up to 2,5 hours.
The 1 Gorzów Wielkopolski Train Station is situated in the western part of the city centre, it is just a 10-minute walk from the main square in the old town.
Gorzów Wielkopolski has a good road infrastructure. Parking in the city centre can be a problem sometimes as in every large Polish cities, since there are few parking places to satisfy the demand.
The 2 Gorzów Wielkopolski Bus Station is located very near to the train station north of the city centre. There are many domestic connections, usually faster than the train, because there often a change is required. The bus station is located right next to the train station.
The centre is very compact and thus manageable on foot.
By public transportEdit
Public transportation is provided by MZK - normal ticket 3,00 zł. A reduced ticket costs 1,50 zł. A 24-hour ticket (bilet dobowy) costs 13,80 zł.
- 1 St. Mary's Cathedral, Obotrycka 10, ☏ .
- 2 Peace Bell (Dzwon Pokoju), Plac Grunwaldzki.
- Remnants of City Walls. The last 130m remaining of the 14th century city walls of Gorzów Wielkopolski
- 3 Świnster statue.
- 4 Paucksch Fountain (Fontanna Pauckscha), Stary Rynek. The 1897 fountain was funded by the German businessman Hermann Pauksch. The hard working woman carrying buckets symbolizes the hard working people of Gorzów Wielkopolski and life-giving powers of the Warta river. Three little children sit near the woman her feet, symbolizing the three economical keystones of the city. The boy with the hammer and the toothed wheel symbolizes industry, the girl with the fishing rod fishery and the girl with the net and the boat shipping.
- Bimba Historic Tram.
- Lubuskie Museum. In Secessionist Schroeder's villa and White Granary
There are several hotels, cheaper alternative is accommodation in student dorms.