town in Vermont
Grand Isle is a historic island town located in Vermont. It is one of four towns comprising Vermont's "Lake Champlain Islands."
U.S. Highway 2 from Burlington and Rouses Point.
- Lake Champlain Ferries. Car and passenger ferry service connects Grand Isle and Plattsburgh 24 hours a day, all year long. Crossing time is about 12 minutes.
- 1 Grand Isle State Park, 36 East Shore South, ☏ +1 802 372-4300.
- Hyde Log Cabin, Route 2, ☏ +1 802 828-3051. Th-Mo, 11AM-5PM. Considered one of America's oldest log cabins and is home to the society collection.
- Wilcox Cove Golf Course.
- Vermont Nut Free Chocolates, Island Circle, ☏ +1 802 372-4654.
- Kim's Snack Stand, Route 2 at Route 314. Kim's Snack Shack-best burgers, fries, and clam strips on the north end of the island
- By the Lake Motel, 15 Lakeshore Blvd, ☏ +1 802 372-6134.
- North Hero. Another one of the Lake Champlain Islands.
- South Hero. Another one of the Lake Champlain Islands.
|Routes through Grand Isle|
|Rouses Point ← North Hero ←||N S||→ South Hero → Burlington|
|Plattsburgh ← becomes ← ferry ←||W E||→ END|