Grand Stand is a region of South Carolina consisting of a 12-mile stretch of subtropical beaches and coastal towns.
Originally part of a colony in Craven County, it was subjugated to Prince George Winyah Parish, Prince Frederick Parish, and All Saints Parish for religious and administrative purposes, respectively. With the organization of the Georgetown District in 1769, the current boundaries were established, and in 1785 it was named Kingston County. In 1801, the designation was changed from Kingston County to Horry District, and in 1868, it was renamed Oery County, the current county name. The designation was derived from the name of General Peter Horry, a war hero during the American Revolution.
Principal Cities edit
Other cities and towns edit
Other destinations edit
Get in edit
Get around edit
From St. Augustine to Hampton Roads is a tour to colonial and antebellum sites along the coast.