Guía de Isora is a town with ca. 20 000 inhabitants on the western flanks of El Teide, bordered by Santiago del Teide to the north and the Teno Rural Park to the west. Most of the municipality was covered by lava during the 1909 eruption, which the locals refer to as malpais. The town is known for its many greenhouses, easily recognizable by their plastic covered roofs to reduce evaporation. Cultivation of tomatoes and bananas was gradually shifted towards flowers, which are a more economic usage of the sparse fresh water in the southern region of the island.
Guía de Isora is on the TF-82, but also passed as the first town on the TF-1 highway going south from Santiago del Teide.
Most of the old town is protected cultural heritage and worth a visit. The central square and its parish church Iglesia de la Virgen de la Luz are surrounded by old laurel trees. North of the town square is a well and an oven next to the local police station.