Gujrat is situated on the bank of the Chenab River, about 120km (75 miles) north of Lahore. The Grand Trunk Road passes through Gujrat city and you can reach Gujrat either from Lahore in two hours or from Rawalpindi/Islamabad in three hours. The city is surrounded by many villages which supply a significant labor to the local market.
Trains pass through Gujrat on their way to Peshawar and Karachi.
There are many historical buildings and ruins in and around Gujrat. The nearby towns of Jalal Pur Jattan, Pindi Miani, Shadiwal, Kalra, Tanda, Adowal, Gandra Kalan, Kotla, Dinga, Kunjah and many more have historical buildings and ruins.
- Pace A good shopping mall in town located on main G.T. Rd.
- Alena Shopping Mall
- Abdullha Mall, Katchery Rd.
- Sarwar Gold Plaza (near Pakistan Chowk).
- AFC G.T. Rd.
- Chicken Dabu G.T. Rd.
- Chicken Cottage, inside Pace Mall (G.T. Rd).
- Bahiya Pizza, Khawajgan Rd.
- Silver Spoon, Bimber Rd.
- KFC, Chenab River Side.
- Kinara Restaurant, Near Chenab River (inside Akbars Resort).
- Lords Hotel, Zahor Elahi stadium.
- Spring Onion, Prince Chowk.
- lemon bottles, machli chowk gujrat.
- Akbars Resort, Chenab River, GT Road, Wazirabad, ☎ . A best option is to stay at this nice hotel which have some 26 different type of guest rooms and offers five star facilities to its guests. Popular Kinara Restaurant is located inside the resort.