human settlement in Pakistan
Gulmit is the administrative capital of Upper Hunza. The Mir of Hunza had his capital in Gulmit. Climate is pleasant during summer and cool during spring and autumn.
- Views of mighty Karakorum peaks including Topek Dan, Falful Peak, the Shatabar glacier and the Hunza River.
- Tomb of Salim khan III (1790-1824) is found in the old part of the village.
- Gulmit museum, full of traditional ethnic artifacts is part of the Marco Polo Inn.
- Walks: Gulmit offers beautiful and spectacular short walks to Kamris, Andhra and Gulkin as well as long walks over the Gulkin glacier to Borith Lake.
- Fishing at Hunza River.
- Boating at Borat Lake.
- Legal hunting (Duck/Ibex) at Khunjarab National Park.
- Horse Riding and Polo.
- Local festivals are celebrated seasonally within the village with traditional musicians and dancers
Gulmit has a simple bazaar with basic amenities.