Two Metra lines serve Gurnee, albeit indirectly. The Union Pacific North Line between Kenosha and the Ogilvie Transportation Center in downtown Chicago serves Waukegan, and the North Central Service between Antioch and Chicago Union Station serves Grayslake. Washington Street links the two stations, with Gurnee in between.
Several Pace bus lines serve the Gurnee area, including the 565 which runs from the right near the Metra station in Waukegan all the way to the Gurnee Mills area.
Grand Avenue, which is part of Illinois State Route 132, is the main strip of the town. Six Flags Great America and the Gurnee Mills Mall are both located on Grand. Washington Street is the other primary east-west thoroughfare.
- 1 Six Flags Great America, 542 N Route 21 (at Grand Ave./Route 132), ☏ . Chicagoland's premier amusement park, noted for its many roller coasters and other thrill rides, as well as for the nation's largest carousel.
- 2 Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Chicago, 542 N Route 21 (at Grand Ave./Route 132, adjacent to the Six Flags Great America theme park), ☏ . Home to many water-slides, including the world's tallest water coaster.
Gurnee has a wide variety of chain and local restaurants and eateries.
- 1 Five Guys, 6310 Grand Ave, Ste 102, ☏ . Five Guys is a fast casual restaurant chain focused on hamburgers, hot dogs, and french fries.
- 2 Salutos, 7680 Grand Avenue, ☏ , fax: . Upscale Italian restaurant serving a wide variety of pizza, pasta, sandwiches, and unique entrees. Unlimited salad & bread-sticks can be had. One of the few non-chain restaurants in Gurnee.
- 3 Portillo's, 6102 W Grand Ave, ☏ . 10:30AM-midnight.
- 4 Tina's Italian Cafe and Bake Shop, 5101 West Washington Street, ☏ .
- Only Child Brewing, 1350 Tri State Pkwy, Ste 124, ☏ . M-Th 4-8PM, F 2-9PM, Sa Su noon-7PM.
- 1 Comfort Inn Gurnee Hotel, 6080 Gurnee Mills Circle E, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Hotel has an indoor pool, and includes grab-n-go breakfast and WiFi. Small dogs allowed (up to 20 lbs.) Non-smoking.
- 2 Comfort Suites Gurnee Hotel, 5430 Grand Avenue, ☏ . Located across the street from the Six Flags Great America Amusement Park providing hours of family entertainment. Near Gurnee Mills Outlet Mall.
- 3 Great Wolf Lodge (formerly KeyLime Cove), 1700 Nation Dr, ☏ . Wilderness themed hotel near Gurnee Mills.
|Routes through Gurnee|
|Milwaukee ← Kenosha ←||W E||→ Waukegan → Chicago|
|Milwaukee ← Kenosha ←||N S||→ Waukegan → Chicago|