Gweru is a city in Southeastern Zimbabwe.
Gweru is 158 km from Bulawayo, 164 km from Masvingo, and 274 km from Harare.
Gweru lies on the rail line between the capital Harare and Bulawayo and National Railways of Zimbabwe runs three overnight trains per week in each direction, unfortunately this means that trains arrive in Gweru in the middle of the night. Additionally, there is an tri-weekly service from Masvingo. 1 Gweru station is located at the western end of Tenth St.
There are plenty of buses to and from Bulawayo, taking two to three hours.
- Boggie Clock Tower.
- Zimbabwe Military Museum.
- Nalatale and Danangombe archaeological sites.
Antelope Park. Home to the African Lion Environmental Research Trust (ALERT) and the world’s first Lion Rehabilitation & Release into the Wild Programme, your stay at Antelope Park will not only leave you with memories that will last a lifetime, but also with the knowledge that you have personally helped contribute to the survival of the African Lion.
Here you can walk with the lions, play with cubs, swim with lions and elephants and enjoy watching them play in a safe environment!
- Spar supermarket.
- Pick N pay supermarket.
- Barclays Bank. has a visa card/Master card Atm
- Y W C A Hostel, 6025 Mkobal, ☏ . accepts men and women.
- Baptist Convention of Zimbabwe Lodge, Cnr of Lobengula Avenue & Kopje Road (close to Gweru military Museum). Check-in: 11am, check-out: 10am. single/double rooms with outside bathrooms from $ 25.
- Trends Galore Guest House, 11 Rekayi Tangwena Road (near Winsdor park school). Check-in: 11am, check-out: 9am. double room with own bathroom. tv. fridge. and breakfast. $ 30..
- Kanyi Guest house, 89 Kopje road, ☏ .
- Pamusha Guest Lodge, 73 Kopje road, ☏ . double room with own bathroom $ 55.
- Hillside Guest house, 23 Kopje road, ☏ . bed and breakfast