Haflong is the only hill station in Assam.
Haflong is the largest town and headquarters of the rugged Dima Hasao district.
- Haflong Lake. Nestled in the forests and mountains, the lake is particularly beautiful after the rainy season.
- 1 Jatinga. The nearby village of Jatinga is popularly known as the place where multiple species of birds mysteriously "commit suicide", peaking at the end of the monsoon. Ornithologists have since found that the birds don't commit suicide but are killed by becoming disoriented during the dark, foggy and windy night sky. The birds are attracted to the lights of the cities and are hit with bamboo poles by villagers believing that spirits from the sky are terrorising them. Despite this, the suicide myth is still popularly believed.
- Chavang Kut. The Kuki ethnic group in Haflong celebrate Chavang Kut, the rice harvest festival, on the 1st of November every year wearing traditional attire and performing vivid dances.
- 1 Hangover Cafe, Circuit House, Haflong East, ☏ . Mixed Indian cuisine. Better non-veg options than veg.
- The Landmark Hotel, Member’s Council Hostel Road East, ☏ . Complimentary breakfast. Many rooms have views of the lake. ₹2,500-4,500 per night depending on the quality of the room.
- Haflong Hotel, Hagjer Nagar.
- Nathao Lodge, Dibarai.
- Maibang, the nearby town 45 km northeast of Haflong is famous for the Stone House temple