Haldia is an industrial city in the South Rarh region of West Bengal, near the confluence of the Hooghly River and the Haldi River. It is home to the Haldia Dock Complex, which is a part of the Kolkata Port Trust. The Haldia Refinery of the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) was commissioned in 1975 and many industries cropped up in Haldia since then.
There are several bus services in Haldia, including the Haldia Municipality Transport Service, which takes 1⁄2+1/2 hours from Kolkata. However, you are advised to check and confirm fare and timings before travelling.
- 1 Haldia railway station, Panskura-Tamluk Rd.
See and doEdit
Eat and drinkEdit
- The Golden Harvest, City Centre, Debhog, The Golden Retreat, ☏ . 12:30PM to 3PM, 7:30PM to 12:30AM. Northwest frontier cuisine
- Hotel Dreamland. 7PM to 11PM. Bar with music. Good place with soothing ambience.
- Royal Harbour. Good crowd in the bar with high class officers and businessmen frequenting the place. There is a protocol and dress code for this place so no non-sense is allowed here.
- 1 The Golden Retreat, Debhog, City centre (heart of the city), ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Set on 10 acres of tranquil land, amidst lush green surroundings, is a retreat with centrally air-conditioned superior deluxe rooms and suites. The Victorian architecture, spacious interiors, enchanting artefacts and tasteful furnishings spell discreet elegance, creating an atmosphere so relaxing that you can sink into it. ₹2900/₹6500.
- 2 The Royal Harbour, Kshudiram Square, Basudevpur, Haldia, ☏ , , , firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a luxury lodge cum hotel cum restaurant with centrally air-conditioned superior deluxe rooms and suites.
- Hotel Dreamland, HPL Link Road, Khanjanchak, Basudevpur, ☏ .
- 3 Hotel Balaji Continental, Ranichawk (Near Shramik Bhawan), ☏ .
- 4 Hotel East Coast, Durgachawk, ☏ .
- 5 Hotel Millenium Inn, Khanjanchawk, ☏ .
- 6 Hotel Sagar, Talpukur, ☏ .
- Samrat Lodge, Durgachawk, ☏ .
- Embassy Hotel, ☏ .
- Hotel Dock Place (Near Durgachak Super Market), ☏ .
- Hotel Karan International, Khanjanchak, ☏ .
- 7 India Lodge, Durgachawk New Market, ☏ .
- Hotel Pearage, Bhawanipur, ☏ .
- Hotel Classic Inn, Manjushree Morh, ☏ .
- Hotel Continental (Near IOC Gate No. 1), ☏ .
- Mohana (Benfish Tourism), ☏ . Located on an island in the Haldi river at Nayachar (Meendwip), connected with Haldia by ferry service. Natural beauty of the place attracts tourists.