Hamilton, in Pembroke Parish, is Bermuda's administrative center and largest city.
Hamilton boasts a large quantity of museums, some fine buildings and architecture. It boasts a fine Anglican cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity. There are numerous forts, fortifications and bits of Royal Naval heritage. There are cinemas, a variety of shops, bars, hotels and restaurants. The city is also blessed with markets, gardens, stalls, beaches, squares and plazas with wide streets, boulevards and walkways.
Pembroke Parish occupies most of the short peninsula which juts from the central north coast of Bermuda's main island, and surrounds the city of Hamilton.
Hamilton is accessible from all parts of Bermuda.
- Sea Express, ☏ . ferry service
- Pink route - to Hamilton from Paget Parish (Lower Ferry, Hodsdon's Ferry, Salt Kettle) and Warwick Parish (Darrell's Wharf, Belmont Ferry)
- Blue route - to Hamilton from Sandys Parish (Royal Naval Dockyards)
- Green route - to Hamilton from Sandys Parish (Watford Bridge, Cavello Bay) and Southampton Parish (Rockaway)
All locations in and around Hamilton are easily walkable. Explore Hamilton City
Notable attractions in Hamilton include:
- 1 Anglican Cathedral of The Most Holy Trinity (Bermuda Cathedral), Church St, ☏ . The city's Anglican cathedral, built in 1869.
- 2 Barr's Bay Park.
- 3 Bermuda Historical Society Museum, Par-La-Ville, 13 Queen Street, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Museum covering the history of the island, particularly when it was a British colony.
- 4 Bermuda National Gallery (City Hall & Arts Centre), 17 Church Street, ☏ , fax: .
- 5 Bermuda National Library, ☏ .
- 6 Cathedral of St. Theresa, 13 Elliot St, ☏ .
- 7 Fort Hamilton (overlooking the City of Hamilton).
- 8 Ocean Discovery Centre (Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute), 40 Crow Ln, East Broadway (just outside of Hamilton), ☏ . Learn about the oceans and the Bermuda Triangle
- 9 Par-la-Ville Park (Queen Elizabeth Park), 9 Queen St., ☏ .
- 10 Royal Bermuda Yacht Club, 15 Point Pleasant Road, ☏ .
- 11 Sessions House, Church St.
- 12 Spanish Point (5 km (3.1 mi) to the northwest of Hamilton). prominent headland and park
- 13 Victoria Park.
- 1 Washington Mall, 20 Church St, ☏ .
There are some restaurants in Hamilton that are considered to be "pub style".
There are also a wide variety of B&B style accommodations and smaller guestroom hotels (with kitchenettes).
- 1 Robins Nest, 37 Mount View Rd (Pembroke), ☏ .
- 2 The Rosemont Hotel, 41 Rosemont Ave (Pembroke), ☏ .
- Devonshire Parish is to the east.