Havelock is home to Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, the world's largest Marine Corps Air Station, and home to the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing. Many travelers who come to Havelock will have business at the MCAS. However, the hotels in town are much cheaper than those closer to the beach, so it provides a cheap place to stay while exploring the Crystal Coast or the Croatan National Forest.
Those who come to Havelock by air come in from Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU IATA) via rental car or through the airport in New Bern, Coastal Carolina Regional Airport (EWN IATA), with flights on American Airlines and Delta.
Havelock's main highway is U.S. 70, which runs west to east through the center of town. There is also N.C. 101 (Fontana Blvd) from which two entrances to Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point are located. About twenty minutes to the west of Havelock on U.S. 70 is historic New Bern. About fifteen minutes to the east of Havelock on U.S. 70 is Morehead City and the Crystal Coast beaches.
- Camping in the Croatan National Forest. There are several campgrounds in Croatan. Camping is also allowed for free in undeveloped locations in the forest.
- Comfort Inn, 1013 East Main Street, ☏ . Hot breakfast, smoking rooms available.
- Days Inn Havelock, 1220 East Main Street, ☏ . Outdoor pool, pets allowed, smoking rooms, free continental breakfast.
- Hampton Inn Havelock, 105 Tourist Center Drive, ☏ . Outdoor pool, hot breakfast.
- Holiday Inn Express Havelock NW - New Bern, 103 Branchside Drive, toll-free: . Indoor pool, microwave and refrigerator in room.
- [dead link] Knights Inn and Suites Havelock, 310 East Main Street, ☏ . Outdoor pool, continental breakfast.
- Quality Inn Havelock, 400 US Highway 70 West. Outdoor pool, pets allowed with fee, continental breakfast.
- Sherwood Motel, 318 West Main Street, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Very low price.
|Routes through Havelock|
|Raleigh ← New Bern ←||W E||→ Newport → Morehead City|