town in North Yorkshire, England
Hawes is a town in North Yorkshire.
Car based Dales explorers have grand if steep and narrow, roads to Swaledale and Wharfedale.
- museum (near the old station).
- rope shop. with rope being made
The market - Tuesdays
Try to get to Great Shunner Fell.
Some good antiques.
- YHA Hawes, Lancaster Terrace, Turfy Hill, ☏ .
- [dead link] The Crown Hotel, Market Pl., ☏ .
- 1 Low Mill Guest House, Bainbridge, Leyburn DL8 3EF, ☏ . Just 3 bedrooms in this functioning 18th century watermill, a lovely quirky place. Mostly B&B but serves excellent dinners 2 or 3 nights a week. No children under 15. B&B double £110.
- 2 Yorebridge House, Bainbridge DL8 3EE, ☏ . Upscale stylish hotel in Victorian schoolhouse, eclectic decor, great dining. B&B double £220.
|Routes through Hawes|
|Edale ← Malham ←||S N||→ Keld → Kirk Yetholm|