Henderson lies at the intersection of US highways 41 and 60. US 41 provides access from the north and south, while US 60 can be used to access the city from the east and west. Two of Kentucky's parkways terminate in Henderson. The Audubon Parkway provides access from Owensboro to the east and the former Edward T. Breathitt Pennyrile Parkway, now signed exclusively as Interstate 69, provides access from Hopkinsville to the south. When completed, I-69 will run through Henderson providing access from the north and south.
- 1 John James Audubon State Park, 3100 US Hwy 41 North, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A state park dedicated to the painter and naturalist John James Audubon. Between 1810 and 1819, the artist owned and lived on property located within the park. The park features a museum, cabins, campground, hiking trails, and a golf course.
- 1 Ellis Park, 3300 US 41, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. One of Kentucky's thoroughbred horse racing tracks. The track runs live races from July - September. Simulcast racing is available year round. Note: The track is on the north side of the Ohio River, but is still in Kentucky. The border between Indiana and Kentucky was set in colonial times, when the future site of Ellis Park was south of the river.
- W.C. Handy Blues & Barbeque Festival. A week long festival held in early June which honors W.C. Handy, the "Father of the Blues", who lived in the area during the 1890s. The festival features blues and zydeco music along with the regional barbecue.
Both Henderson and Henderson County are wet. They allow package alcohol sales, bars, and drinks to be sold in restaurants.
Bars, Pubs. & TavernsEdit
- 1 Metzgers Tavern, 1000 Powell St., ☏ .
- 2 Rookies Sports Bar, 117 2nd St., ☏ . 4PM-10PM Monday-Saturday.
Coffee & TeaEdit
Bed & BreakfastsEdit
Campgrounds & CabinsEdit
- 2 John James Audubon State Park, 3100 US Hwy 41 North, ☏ . The park has 5 one bedroom cottages as well as a 2 bedroom cottage. The cottages feature a full kitchen, a fireplace, and are available year round. The campground features 66 electric and 21 primitive sites. Amenities include shower houses and a playground. The campground is open April through October.
- 3 Comfort Inn, 2820 US 41 North, ☏ .
- 4 Holiday Inn Express, 2826 US 41 North, ☏ , toll-free: .
- 5 Ramada Henderson/Evansville, 2044 US 41 North, ☏ .
- 6 Sleep Inn, 2224 US 41 N., ☏ .
- 7 Sugar Creek Inn, 2077 US Hwy. 41 North, ☏ .
- 8 Super 8 Henderson-Evansville, 2030 US Hwy. 41 North, ☏ . The Super 8 Henderson-Evansville offers a superior array of affordable luxury amenities and services. Enjoy the huge outdoor pool, relax in a Jacuzzi Suite and get down to business anytime with free wireless Internet and meeting room for up to 100 people.
Most telephone numbers in Henderson consist of +1 270 plus a seven-digit number, but the area is now served by an overlay complex of two area codes, with 364 being the second. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call). The same applies on the Indiana side of the river, with that area now being served by 930 in addition to the old 812.
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 270 before these if no area code is indicated (or 812 if in Indiana).