Hermann is a stop on the Amtrak route between Kansas City and St. Louis. The Missouri River Runner has two departures in each direction every day. 1 Hermann station at Wharf & Gutenberg Streets, has a waiting room but no other services. While a ticket is not required to board the train a reservation is. Call ☏ or visit www.amtrak.com for reservation, ticket and schedule information before boarding Although several of the bed & breakfasts are within walking distance of the station, many do offer pickup/drop-off service as well. Recent State and Federal infrastructure investments have been made and the route now boasts a more than 90% on-time rating.
Whether coming from the east or west, I-70 is the interstate of choice. Hermann is on MO-19 (exit 175), 16 miles south of I-70. For those coming from the southwest, taking I-44 east to MO-19 will get you there as well.
- El Ranchito, 701 Market St, ☏ . Inexpensive Mexican restaurant located on the main drag. $6-12.
- Vintage Restaurant, 1110 Stone Hill Highway, ☏ , toll-free: . Daily 11AM-4:30PM; Su-Th 5PM-8:30PM; F 5PM-9PM; Sa 5PM-9:30PM. Upscale restaurant located on the Stone Hill Winery property. $15-30.
- 1 Hermannhof Winery, 330 East First Street, ☏ , toll-free: . M-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 11AM-5PM. Late May-early Sep: open until 6PM. Original historic stone cellars and small deli with an outside court yard.
- Adam Puchta Winery, 1947 Frene Creek Road, ☏ . Summer hours: M-Sa 9AM-6PM, Su 11AM-6PM; winter hours: M-Sa 9AM-5PM, Su 11AM-5PM. Very friendly, relaxed winery.
- Stone Hill Winery.
- Herzog Mansion, 700 Goethe Street, ☏ , toll-free: . Beautifully restored 1886 mansion with 9 guest rooms, most with private bath. Spacious rooms with nice, quality furniture. Excellent breakfast and friendly staff. $75-105.
- Hermann Hill Vineyard & Inn, 711 Wein St, ☏ . Country inn with beautiful rooms and suites.
- 1 The Inn at Hermannhof, 237 East First St (center of downtown), ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Historic bed and breakfast featuring beautiful suites with complimentary breakfasts, fireplaces, whirlpool tubs & modern amenities. $126-364.
- 2 The Cottage Tree Houses and Cabin, 1185 Hwy H, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tree houses in a beautiful forest environment, 4 minutes from downtown Hermann. Full hot breakfast served each morning. $205-250.
|Routes through Hermann|
|Kansas City ← Jefferson City ←||W E||→ Kirkwood → St. Louis|